Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
If you did I didn't see you Dean. Wasn't feeling it tonight anyway but dropouts and screen stutter meant I left the ride after one lap. I moved pc and screen around a few days ago to get more head room in loft for those out of the saddle sprints and now I have signal issues. I probably just need to get a USB extender again. I desperately need a longish ride just to get back into the rhythm of riding distance at a decent pace.

I was able to get on earlier than i thought so did a free ride long rides on zwift are tough but very enjoyable im finding, need to break the 50 mile barrier now.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I was just there for a warm up for the cg stage 2. Have you tried tilting your saddle a few degrees down from level ? It tilts the pelvis. It helped me.
I did this last night and I've found it does help back felt sore before the ride yesterday but after it seemed slightly better, i think shorter stem and my trainer bike should be set up just right then transfer all the changes over to my other bikes then happy days within reason.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Finished work early so was able to get on zwift earlier than I thought and had a good session.
went up the mountain and had a race with a guy it wasn't from the start unfortunately, we was evenly matched and we sea sawed our way up, he got a good 25 meters gain on me as we got past the cobbles at the castle so had to pull 4 w/kg to gain on him and manged to over take and keep a lead of 10 meters or so, i could see he was struggling about a mile and a half from the finish so gave a ride on, which perked him up getting closer to the finish banner i could see him increasing the pace so dug deep and did a sprint finish which i think broke him :biggrin:.

Payed my repects for his ride which was pretty good, a few times i thought i wouldn't be able to finish, the more i ride zwift the more i understand where it's coming from and the more im enjoying it.

I think your post nails it. Zwift is a pretty compelling mix of competitiveness and community. The culture of ride ons was a stroke of genius. I really hope RGT draw on some of those things.

JLaw

Veteran
I'd hoped that taking Monday off was going to be enough rest after a hard climb in BVR late Sunday night, but I had a total fail in the KISS EUR C race today. I felt like I was pedaling through wet cement, and ultimately backed way off so that I could complete the tower climb portion of the race. I bailed with ~3 miles to go in the race due to a family commitment. The legs just weren't there today.

The Sunday night climb in BVR was real good though. It was my second run up the corrected benchmark ride -- shaved another 2+ minutes off the time, clocking in at 1:18:02. I had a much more consistent power profile when compared to the first attempt in BVR, but there's still a noticeable drop on the second half of the ride. What sticks out even more when I look at the data more closely is the cadence drop over the 2nd half of the ride. I'm dropping 10rpms (roughly). So that's something to work on -- keeping the rpms up when fatigued.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am likely to be on box hill 8ish tomorrow morning. I had a short blast on Watopia tonight, much of it out of the saddle now that I no longer need to worry about banging my head on the roof rafters. Anyway, if anyone wants to join me let me know.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Didn't bother doing box hill my legs where pretty much usless did the forward sprint and got a pb only 1 second behind bob now, but during the sprint my legs felt like jelly and the whole ride felt tough going the wife had the heating on and all that heat was coming into the loft and it felt like a sauna which didn't help.
Might be working late tomorrow so might have a forced rest day

bobinski

Legendary Member
Didn't bother doing box hill my legs where pretty much usless did the forward sprint and got a pb only 1 second behind bob now, but during the sprint my legs felt like jelly and the whole ride felt tough going the wife had the heating on and all that heat was coming into the loft and it felt like a sauna which didn't help.
Might be working late tomorrow so might have a forced rest day

i have come on to have another go at BH but keep getting drop outs now i have moved everything around in the loft so extender cable ordered and due tomorrow in time for the weekend.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Thanks for offering to come back for me bob but with around 17 miles left i felt like i hit a virtual brick wall, did 50 miles earlier to test the new set up on my bike although I had back ache it was no where as bad as it was so looks like DD is back on but will do more rides to see.
Tbh i didn't think I'll last long as i did so quiet pleased with what i did.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Thanks for offering to come back for me bob but with around 17 miles left i felt like i hit a virtual brick wall, did 50 miles earlier to test the new set up on my bike although I had back ache it was no where as bad as it was so looks like DD is back on but will do more rides to see.
Tbh i didn't think I'll last long as i did so quiet pleased with what i did.

No worries .would have happily done so. Goodish new on the back:okay:
I had 2 quick rides earlier today to try and get my knee working. It keeps frigging swelling up but local ibuprofen cream seems to work! So I was up for a ride which is why I kept going off the front! That said I died a bit towards the end.

Stephenite

Membå
I got a turbo trainer and Zwift a couple of months ago because I don't find much time in the week to exercise. Great kit! But I still can't find the bluddy time.

It's 9pm here. I've just put the kids to bed and I'd love to have a quick blast. But the kitchen and living room are a mess, I've got clothes/shoes to sort out for tomorrow, and the gf is working late.

Sorry, just a quick moan. Ride on mf's :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I got a turbo trainer and Zwift a couple of months ago because I don't find much time in the week to exercise. Great kit! But I still can't find the bluddy time.

It's 9pm here. I've just put the kids to bed and I'd love to have a quick blast. But the kitchen and living room are a mess, I've got clothes/shoes to sort out for tomorrow, and the gf is working late.

Not quite a rant, but getting there. There's always a ride or a race going on in Zwift-show some blood, sweat and tears and get on the bike and leave your clothes and shoes till the morning :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Swift half hour up the Pretzel before girlfriend get home!?

Top Bottom