Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hi Jeff, I believe that the Zwiftpower ranking has changed a bit probably to reflect realistic real life categories. I was racing mid B cat, in comparison to my club mates who race crit in cat 3/4. They would easily beat me. So maybe when I start racing on Zwift I'll be in low C cat I thought BoB had mentioned this a little, but you can never tell with Bob, it might just be his knee :smile:

Ha! And I was going to wish you well with your recovery ^_^
I haven’t got my head round all the changes so shouldn’t comment. I do know that racing and seeing familiar CC names was good fun. Except for lees name. That’s always irritating- I have to try too hard and then eat and drink too much afterwards ^_^
GWS mate:okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Have to say I don't really understand the new ZP system either. Not sure what all the Points are and how you get them. So far I much prefer the old scoring system.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Have to say I don't really understand the new ZP system either. Not sure what all the Points are and how you get them. So far I much prefer the old scoring system.
No, I don't get the points system either. Somehow I'm second on the CCers to Bridgy, ahead of much stronger riders like Lee who are riding B cat and I'm mid table C cat.

For me, for now, I'll just look at each race result as it happened and see how my own fitness and weight loss is progressing.

@JLaw using the Bkool Pro I was B cat, but using the Kickr I'm C cat. ZP downgraded me to C based on current results so I assume it will do the same for you if you're only pushing power of a D racer.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Re ZP there is an faq that explains the changes. My understanding is that it’s very much a work in programs being refined for the coming race season. Dave will know more.

uclown2002

Guru
Re ZP there is an faq that explains the changes. My understanding is that it’s very much a work in programs being refined for the coming race season. Dave will know more.
It is work in progress and even FAQs are little out of date. It should be great system when operational as it will define Cat entry along with an ftp threshold. For example those that win their Cats all the time but don't go over Cat limits may well find themselves upgraded.

Skills has 3 elements to it. Race pts; Power pts; Segment pts.
So race points are accumulated with your finishing position AND in-race kom/sprint efforts if they apply to route. You can often get more points for kom/sprints than points from finishing.
Power points captures your 1-5-20 min raw power AND wkg for completed events in last 90 days and compares it to other zwift racers. Uses a standard deviation model to give you points up to 300. It takes your best 3 efforts in each category. Points are awarded for best 5 overall for maximum of 1500 possible.
Segment points:- This has changed a bit but is primarily kom based but includes some routes (London Loop Forward etc) if it contains a climb over 1 min. Again Your best overall 5 efforts (max of 3 per segment) accrue points with max of 600 each. Again 90 day window for capture, even though still has 6 month on individual profile.

Suspect it will change before implementation and FAQs will be updated.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It is work in progress and even FAQs are little out of date. It should be great system when operational as it will define Cat entry along with an ftp threshold. For example those that win their Cats all the time but don't go over Cat limits may well find themselves upgraded.

Skills has 3 elements to it. Race pts; Power pts; Segment pts.
So race points are accumulated with your finishing position AND in-race kom/sprint efforts if they apply to route. You can often get more points for kom/sprints than points from finishing.
Power points captures your 1-5-20 min raw power AND wkg for completed events in last 90 days and compares it to other zwift racers. Uses a standard deviation model to give you points up to 300. It takes your best 3 efforts in each category. Points are awarded for best 5 overall for maximum of 1500 possible.
Segment points:- This has changed a bit but is primarily kom based but includes some routes (London Loop Forward etc) if it contains a climb over 1 min. Again Your best overall 5 efforts (max of 3 per segment) accrue points with max of 600 each. Again 90 day window for capture, even though still has 6 month on individual profile.

Suspect it will change before implementation and FAQs will be updated.

Thanks Dave.
I suppose its only right figures are only amended for completed events. I didn't finish my race last night but, although my figures across the board are 10-15% down on a year ago they were up compared to a few months back. I had best finish a race:rolleyes:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Does anyone know reasons for Zwift session not making it to ZwiftPower? Of my last 4 workouts, ony two of them are registed at ZP.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Does anyone know reasons for Zwift session not making it to ZwiftPower? Of my last 4 workouts, ony two of them are registed at ZP.
Only organised races go to ZP. If you just ride on Zwift, or just do a training session, then that won't go across. Every organised ride I've ever done has always gone across so if it is an organised ride then all I can suggest is you contact the organisers .. do you see the race/ride details of others in ZP for that race?

LBHIFI

Veteran
.. do you see the race/ride details of others in ZP for that race?
Lars, they recognised you weren’t trying hard enough:tongue::biggrin:
You know, that could actually be it. Only 15 riders out of almost a 100 are listed in ZP for the workout. Legs were really tired today, so only did half of the two toughest intervals. Could it be that you need a 100 % workout completion for the workout to go to ZP?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Could it be that you need a 100 % workout completion for the workout to go to ZP?

You must complete the ride . Every ride I failed to finish, there haven't been so many, has failed to appear in ZP.

You will see in live results that you failed,but nothing is done with the figures, only Strava records the partial ride

Top Bottom