Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
20180819_182255.jpg

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just tried the ZHR 100km audax. B was 2.5-3w except it was 3.4-3.8 for the first 12 Miles. While I could stay with them and placed in the sprint it just wasn’t enjoyable. No chat like a social ride and not quite race pace to make me want to push on. Also, lingering fear they could hold that pace for another 80 odd km :smile:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just tried the ZHR 100km audax. B was 2.5-3w except it was 3.4-3.8 for the first 12 Miles. While I could stay with them and placed in the sprint it just wasn’t enjoyable. No chat like a social ride and not quite race pace to make me want to push on. Also, lingering fear they could hold that pace for another 80 odd km :smile:

Well, you should have stayed in the DBR ride then. Nice and slow. :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

60milers can be a bit quick, easily >3.0W. I onced entered a recovery riide 60miles and I dropped out after 1 hour with an average 290W. If the team leader is in control the advertised Watts are usually near

bobinski

Legendary Member
60milers can be a bit quick, easily >3.0W. I onced entered a recovery riide 60miles and I dropped out after 1 hour with an average 290W. If the team leader is in control the advertised Watts are usually near

I think what happened is we merged with the A group. When I bailed there were a lot of B’s about 2 min back. It may have settled down but no leader and no chat.

Anyway, get on ya holiday! :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Did workout #4 yesterday. Not very testing although the final 2 x 25 second sprints were supposed to be maximal power.

Did my second Academy Group Ride today which was good fun again - the group mainly stayed together. I stayed on to make a 50 miler as I'm conscious that I'm not doing many longer rides at the moment.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Was thinking about the DD but did that with the geared biked instead, which back fired as the gears buggered up! Now planning the ToC next year on the SS - flatter course over 100 miles so should be fine :okay:

I might just join you whorty :smile:. Just about finished building my fixed gear. Maybe I’ll put up some pics later if I can escape the house for a maiden voyage. Now... front brake or no front brake, that is the question :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
.....front brake

Norry1

Legendary Member
There is a Zwift Academy Race next Friday at 6pm - might be a good race for us to aim for and get a bunch of CCers on it. Thoughts?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I might just join you whorty :smile:. Just about finished building my fixed gear. Maybe I’ll put up some pics later if I can escape the house for a maiden voyage. Now... front brake or no front brake, that is the question :rolleyes:

Front brake, to look after your ageing knees but also for safety.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Did workout #4 yesterday. Not very testing although the final 2 x 25 second sprints were supposed to be maximal power.

Did my second Academy Group Ride today which was good fun again - the group mainly stayed together. I stayed on to make a 50 miler as I'm conscious that I'm not doing many longer rides at the moment.
All the za group rides seem to be women only when I look. Might be doing#3 later.

#4 was an easy one compared to most others I've done so far.

bobinski

Legendary Member
There is a Zwift Academy Race next Friday at 6pm - might be a good race for us to aim for and get a bunch of CCers on it. Thoughts?

I will be in Menorca by a pool sipping a cold beer otherwise I would be in.
I will try and link later to a team based series that may interest you guys. It’s a trial series with a view to expanding it after Xmas. Points based on top 3 finishers in each team.

Top Bottom