Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Back to TrainerRoad. Ramp FTP Test yesterday and then "Carpathian Peak" today. Managed it, but it was hard - of course, it is meant to be :smile:

TR manage to get their workouts just right, no matter if it's HIT or endurance. The last 25% always needs a high level of mental strength to finish well. I suppose once you've given them a correct power test, they have a wealth of data to construct a plan just enough to develop you as an athlete/cyclist

Norry1

Legendary Member
TR manage to get their workouts just right, no matter if it's HIT or endurance. The last 25% always needs a high level of mental strength to finish well. I suppose once you've given them a correct power test, they have a wealth of data to construct a plan just enough to develop you as an athlete/cyclist

Yep, you nearly always feel like it has been a proper training session. Really must try and stick at the programme. I'm doing General Build - Low Volume and adding a Zwift Race a week on top. May make it into an 8 day week.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ok I'll do it.^_^ Tuesday is swap day from TR and its the Innsbruck course all day. Pick a race, lets have nearly everyone there, including little old me:boxing:

7PM Tuesday has all Cats 35km(21.8miles)

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Ok I'll do it.^_^ Tuesday is swap day from TR and its the Innsbruck course all day. Pick a race, lets have nearly everyone there, including little old me:boxing:

7PM Tuesday has all Cats 35km(21.8miles)
I'm in although I haven't been feeling a 100% ok since I got a cold almost a month ago now. It kept me off the bike for two weeks and it has been a fight to regain former fitness. Don't know if it's due to the ilness, but yesterday I reached a HR of 180bpm :eek:. I've only once before reached 176bpm and that nearly killed me, but the 180bpm this time didn't feel anywhere near that :scratch:.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I haven't raced since early summer, so it will be a shock. I'm just doing base work, and only just seeing fitness improvement . A good gauge of where and how much I need to improve, not expecting too much:smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
The GCN has a handicap element with Cat D having a 12 min advantage over cat A. It should make for some fast and furious group work to chase down the groups in front who should be working together to stay away. But will the groups split on the climb!

Top Bottom