Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I've signed up to the B cat :eek: just looked at the w/kg and i would be over for the C group

Well thought I would have trial race to see what Cat I would/should be in. Bordering D-C. Enter end in the C and f@ck me what a difference. Sort of held it together for 2 laps , slower up the climb which got me in trouble cause finished the last lap in no mans land. @Del C cheers for trying to drag me back but I was done. xx( Will stay cat c but lots of work to do. Oh and a ftp increase for my effort.

Apologies for not communicating Del but my app wouldn’t connect?

Last edited:
I really like it, it moves the pressure points a little. Also if you climb whilst stood up alot, then the rocking motion will feel more natural.

This company today announced this top end rocker .https://www.sbrtrishop.com/sbr-rockr-pro.html .

Edit, basic Rocker is $499 so reasonable for what they offer (forward/reverse and side to side motion):okay:

Mine cost considerably less, but still quite expensive in materials. and time . I could make the basic shape and drill holes if someone is really interested
Looks great. Had a look about and look at this bad boy

View: https://youtu.be/J3VeWm4UGmI

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well thought I would have trial race to see what Cat I would/should be in. Bordering D-C. Enter end in the C and f@ck me what a difference. Sort of held it together for 2 laps , slower up the climb which got me in trouble cause finished the last lap in no mans land. @Del C cheers for trying to drag me back but I was done. xx( Will stay cat c but lots of work to do. Oh and a ftp increase for my effort.

Make sure the companion app and Zwift are on the same WiFi signal. My pc is hard wired 2g but if the phone is using the 5g rather than 2g signal the companion app will run but not properly connect.
And the race? Welcome to Zwift ^_^

Make sure the companion app and Zwift are on the same WiFi signal. My pc is hard wired 2g but if the phone is using the 5g rather than 2g signal the companion app will run but not properly connect.
And the race? Welcome to Zwift ^_^
Yer my pc in the cabin is hard wired. I have a booster set up in there also just for the app but we had a power cut today and the booster wouldn’t pick up from the house for some reason and I didn’t have time to mess about.

Yer the racing was an eye opening for me but enjoyed it. Lots of work to do though to stay involved and keep with the pack.
All good though. :okay:

JhnBssll

Veteran

That looks pretty nifty :becool:

So I'm not really interested in racing but it would be cool to see what fellow CC'ers are up to on Zwift, is there a club or group or something I can join to see other people? I notice one of my friends is following me but I don't really know how that happened, I've not really played with the options as yet :laugh: When I used it last year I literally just opened it up and started pedalling and stopped when I was tired :laugh:

Del C

Veteran

No worries Brendan.

I just about managed to give you 'Ride On' (I think) when I realised you were in the same group. I don't know how some people manage to send messages when you're having to ride eyeballs out to stay in the group.

I'll check out what @bobinski says about 2G and 5G WiFi bands because my connection between the companion app and the sim seems prone to dropping out and then reconnecting but I'm pretty sure both connect to 5G.

And to make you feel better Brendan, that group was travelling tonight. Innsbruckring is fast circuit, but that felt like we were riding just a little under C group race pace, not really Zone 2 which is what is supposed to be. I think not having a ride leader makes a big difference. I rode one fo the KISS bee rides on Friday. That ride had a ride leader and it kept to much more even pace. It was brisk, but much more of a base Zone 2 ride.

I reckon you'll be ok with Cat C tomorrow. We can drag each other along!

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
No worries Brendan.

And to make you feel better Brendan, that group was travelling tonight. Innsbruckring is fast circuit, but that felt like we were riding just a little under C group race pace, not really Zone 2 which is what is supposed to be. I think not having a ride leader makes a big difference. I rode one fo the KISS bee rides on Friday. That ride had a ride leader and it kept to much more even pace. It was brisk, but much more of a base Zone 2 ride.

I reckon you'll be ok with Cat C tomorrow. We can drag each other along!

Haha! I'm an idiot.

I misread the title of that event.

Just went to Zwiftpower and it was a KISS race, not a training event. I saw the word 'base' in the title, and just assumed it was another training event like Friday.

Feel free to ignore anything I say! It's probably wise to!

:wacko:

Haha! I'm an idiot.

I misread the title of that event.

Just went to Zwiftpower and it was a KISS race, not a training event. I saw the word 'base' in the title, and just assumed it was another training event like Friday.

Feel free to ignore anything I say! It's probably wise to!

:wacko:
Well that makes it worse. I was racing and you was poodling round on a group ride :laugh:

Del C

Veteran
Well that makes it worse. I was racing and you was poodling round on a group ride :laugh:
Lol.

I was trying out @Whorty 's advice on the 8% hill, trying to launch myself through the group on the 4% section and then trying to hang on and hold off the lighter guys as I neared the top.

Slight problem! Everyone else was doing the same thing. I'm waiting for @Whorty 's advice on what to do under these circumstances, or maybe he's travelling round various cycling forums and Facebook pages and giving everyone else the same advice and enjoying the chaos that follows? :laugh:

To be fair, it did help as I reached the top better placed and got a PR!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That looks pretty nifty :becool:

So I'm not really interested in racing but it would be cool to see what fellow CC'ers are up to on Zwift, is there a club or group or something I can join to see other people? I notice one of my friends is following me but I don't really know how that happened, I've not really played with the options as yet :laugh: When I used it last year I literally just opened it up and started pedalling and stopped when I was tired :laugh:

Hi there:hello:

@kipster Can add your name to the Strava,(send PM) Cyclechat club, so you can compare your rides and segments against other forum members. If you join Zwift add 'Cyclechat' to your user name.

Also join Zwiftpower.com, use same name as Zwift for easy spotting. Add Cyclechat to the team so it comes up in the league and finally link Zwiftpower with Zwift for permissions etc. Come and train, race and have a bit of banter ^_^

Ps the Zwift app also allows you to join events, give 'ride on' thumbs up to your linked friends, it has other features whilst you're riding on Zwift live which become activated.

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
I'm trying to find out if I need to upgrade my zwift pc. It is really just coping now and there's some jitter. I can live the jitter but the delay is really annoying.
I can se the watts/kg reacting with about 1 sec delay, but further about 3 sec delay before the avetar reacts. In those 4 seconds a relatively large group can pass me before the avetar gets going.

Do you guys with power pc's get the same?

Top Bottom