Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I have a very small Avatar lag, but not several seconds, maybe 1 second . I'm using mid range i5 NUC pc with average graphics
I use the build in graphics of a low thermal design power Core i3 ment for media pc. With the current high price of graphic cards, the Ryzen's seems like good value for money.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Lol.

I was trying out @Whorty 's advice on the 8% hill, trying to launch myself through the group on the 4% section and then trying to hang on and hold off the lighter guys as I neared the top.

Slight problem! Everyone else was doing the same thing. I'm waiting for @Whorty 's advice on what to do under these circumstances, or maybe he's travelling round various cycling forums and Facebook pages and giving everyone else the same advice and enjoying the chaos that follows? :laugh:

To be fair, it did help as I reached the top better placed and got a PR!
:whistle:

Thing is, had you not done that you would have been dropped half way up and not been able to make up the gap on the descent. That's what happened to me Sunday the first time up, so I had to wait for the next group on the road. Next 3 times up I used this tactic and was always (just) in the group when we reached the top. It's a killer but I think it's the only way to do that hill and not get dropped.

JuhaL

Guru
Do you guys with power pc's get the same?
Never noticed any kind of delay with my old Asus laptop.Is that delay something involved with net connection or any idea what can cause that issue?. Is that delay came up after this latest update or is it been there longer?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm trying to find out if I need to upgrade my zwift pc. It is really just coping now and there's some jitter. I can live the jitter but the delay is really annoying.
I can se the watts/kg reacting with about 1 sec delay, but further about 3 sec delay before the avetar reacts. In those 4 seconds a relatively large group can pass me before the avetar gets going.

Do you guys with power pc's get the same?
I get a significant lag between increasing or decreasing power, and my avatar reacting, and always have done on Zwift. It never happened with Bkool which reacted pretty instantly so is something I've really had to get used to - when I first starting using Zwift I was constantly yo-yoing in front or behind the group I was trying to stay with. I have got a bit better at managing it now, but it's still not ideal. I use a laptop.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Another thing I've noticed with regards a lag, is that I'll be sat in 3rd or 4th place in the front group and yet it will show my position as 1st. Then, a few seconds later I'll end up moving into 1st place. Obviously this also happens in reverse, so I'm sat on front but it says I'm in 6th place so I know in a few seconds a few riders are going to pass me - and they do! I've never tried timing how long this lag is but it's significant

Del C

Veteran
:whistle:

Thing is, had you not done that you would have been dropped half way up and not been able to make up the gap on the descent. That's what happened to me Sunday the first time up, so I had to wait for the next group on the road. Next 3 times up I used this tactic and was always (just) in the group when we reached the top. It's a killer but I think it's the only way to do that hill and not get dropped.
I agree.

Same thing happened to me in a race on Sunday.

I managed to just about close the gap after the climb on the first 3 laps but it was a long chase. It really told on the 4th lap. I got gapped and then just couldn't do anything on the final descent and probably got gapped by 30 seconds or more on the run-in.

Last night using your tactic, I managed to stay in the leading group, or just behind them on each climb

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Another thing I've noticed with regards a lag, is that I'll be sat in 3rd or 4th place in the front group and yet it will show my position as 1st. Then, a few seconds later I'll end up moving into 1st place. Obviously this also happens in reverse, so I'm sat on front but it says I'm in 6th place so I know in a few seconds a few riders are going to pass me - and they do! I've never tried timing how long this lag is but it's significant
I've seen this too and assumed it's based on the power I'm putting out relative to those around me. Whilst power goes down speed doesn't changed automatically (not in real life either) - there is a gradual increase of speed. So I've always assumed it is just warning me that either I've reduced my power and others are coming through, or others have increased their's relative to me and will be coming through. I try to use this in a big group to control where I am inn the pack (I like to be towards the front, but not actually doing the work ;) )

JuhaL

Guru
I have lag enough in my legs that i didn't noticed that. Need to check out that with my laptop how my avatar reacts. I hope it's nothing to do with power display settings, a bug or something.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Never noticed any kind of delay with my old Asus laptop.Is that delay something involved with net connection or any idea what can cause that issue?. Is that delay came up after this latest update or is it been there longer?
I do have just about the slowest internet in Denmark, but I would be surprised if it was anywhere near using the 15 Mbit I can muster. Much more likely to be the grapichs which is the culprit.

JuhaL

Guru
I had my Park Tool hanger alignment tool today and just check it how line hanger was. I am not surprise anymore why i had difficulties to adjust my rear derailleur. Now i have a micro adjustment left both directions well enough. Hanger was out of line vertically and horizontally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom