Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Anyone zwifting tonight? I have a blocked nose and ears and a sore throat but will at least start the chaing gang and see how it goes. I need to up my mileage to 150-175m a week.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Anyone zwifting tonight? I have a blocked nose and ears and a sore throat but will at least start the chaing gang and see how it goes. I need to up my mileage to 150-175m a week.

What time is it? I've been the same, I'll join the chain gang but don't know if I'll manage to keep up. Is it B cat?

JLaw

Veteran
Jeff,
sounds like you had fun and good power. Looking at strava also tells me you consistently faster than me on the flats. I might have to try and draft you sometime:okay:
The races are a substitute for structured training. Knowing myself, having a short term goal for each race helps significantly with the motivation. I'm thinking of a lower output on the flats today, but really pushing the two short climbs and not losing contact with whatever group I'm with on the climbs -- not sure if they'll let me get away a bit before the climb, but it'd sure help.

FWIW, I suspect I'd be a lot easier to draft behind in zwift than bkool -- the smoother transitions keep my power in a more narrow range.

Ultimately, I'm still working towards a multi-year goal of breaking my PB on the Little Cottonwood climb before I hit the big 50 next year. I started off real good last year at 1:36, but didn't make as much progress through the summer as I'd like with a season best at 1:29. I'll have to do better than that this year. I figure I need to finish the year around 1:20-ish. Which strongly implies more weight loss this year than last year if I'm going to have a realistic shot.

Times in the bkool sim would suggest I'd clock in around a 1:35 right now if I were to venture into the real world. But it's too damn cold for that right now -- I refuse to bring up ski gear and change into that prior to the descent (which I used to do when I was a much younger man).

JLaw

Veteran
I'll be zwifting in the KISS EUR later today, C class.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob, im ducking out tonight, I dont want to risk making myself worse. I'm planning ob doing a 60+ outdoors on Thursday and want to be fit for that, back on the JD tonight:cheers:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Did the PAC sub 2 ride and it was rather pleasant, legs are quite sore from a run i did yesterday and they feel slightly better now.
I did notice the drafting effect when in the group and hardly pedalling at times but quite a lot of time it was a little slow so will look into something a bit quicker.
Got some PB'S as well, would do it again but only for a recovery ride.
Also renewed my sub.

JLaw

Veteran
Dead legs + two hills. Never settled into a good target power on the flats, did OK on the first hill, but totally blew up the second time around. Finished down near the bottom of "C". Should have rode "D". I would have been battling with the leaders and still stayed under the watts/kg limit. Realistically tomorrow needs to be a day off.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Started the zsun A chaingang but didn't last long. Too bunged up and affected breathing and energy. That and the fact the first 20min or so were not far off 4wpk and sometimes more. 55kph down the embankment. We rolled past all and sundry on the course. Anyone in our way was scooped up and pooped out and that included me! I just couldn't hold the pace and fell back through the main bunch and then boom! They were 10 secs in front. I tried to catch but they were 3.5w plus and 5w couldn't get me near them. As they pulled away I eased and waited for others who were already off the back to catch me and then to'd and fro'd for a while before deciding to bail.
Lots of pb's and also the knowledge I can go faster especially in a peloton/race.
If anyone on here is on Strava join the bkool cyclechat group and we can compare numbers:okay:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Started the zsun A chaingang but didn't last long. Too bunged up and affected breathing and energy. That and the fact the first 20min or so were not far off 4wpk and sometimes more. 55kph down the embankment. We rolled past all and sundry on the course. Anyone in our way was scooped up and pooped out and that included me! I just couldn't hold the pace and fell back through the main bunch and then boom! They were 10 secs in front. I tried to catch but they were 3.5w plus and 5w couldn't get me near them. As they pulled away I eased and waited for others who were already off the back to catch me and then to'd and fro'd for a while before deciding to bail.
Lots of pb's and also the knowledge I can go faster especially in a peloton/race.
If anyone on here is on Strava join the bkool cyclechat group and we can compare numbers:okay:
I wouldn't of attempted that if full of cold so you get a extra kudos for it.

Looking at doing a 2-2.5 w/kg ride tomorrow team Poland coffee ride need to see what im comfortable with.

uclown2002

Guru
Andy is right: cracking power for a lightweight. Out of interest what power meter do you use? I need to get one for real life rides/training off the NEO.
I'm using a Stages but I've only had it a few weeks; power is very close to my Neo. I'll be dumping my old hack on the Neo soon and relying on the Neo for power output, now the weather is improving.

I've improved a lot since i started racing on zwift, so I'd recommend you guys do that regularly. I've never done any sort of structured training and was content to often just bimble along.

Zwift racing has improved my ability to respond to surges, recover, then go again. Need to do another FTP test as I'm sure it must have improved a little since last time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom