Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Any of our IT. Dept looked into this discord thing not sure if we could have our own channel on Tuesdays?
https://zwiftinsider.com/more-discord/
The Bkool Nations Cup team used Discord earlier in the year. It seemed to work well for us then - other than having to witness Bridgy's cries of pain as the cramps set in! :eek:

LBHIFI

Veteran
New FTP set and it is as bad as I thougt: 270 :cry:. I was doing fine the first 10 min with 305 watts, feeling like it was almost too easy, but then I hit a brick wall.

kipster

Guru
I wish i could have kept going but its been a long time since my HR stayed consistently in the 169/176 range and i just didnt feel comfortable. Mind you to put last nights ride in perspective we were all going some in that first lap, just that some of you were strong enough to keep going!

View attachment 434303
now you know how I felt going up Alpe d'Huez with an average HR of 178 and a max of 186. It went sky high at the bottom and wouldn't come down at all. Next time I do it I will be free of cold.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
now you know how I felt going up Alpe d'Huez with an average HR of 178 and a max of 186. It went sky high at the bottom and wouldn't come down at all. Next time I do it I will be free of cold.

Currently Im 'reasonably' comfortable at 176bpm. I struggle over 180 and dont like spikes of effort. If I could gently ramp upto mid 170s, Id be ok, but other racers have other ideas :biggrin:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Slightly dumb question, but how or what app do you use to record the race?

I use the buil-in function of GeForce Experience to record. If you have an AMD GPU, you can use their Radeon ReLive! to do the same AFAIK.

If neither AMD nor nVidia GPU is available in your computer, you'll have to download some third party software.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You can use Microsoft silver light. It has or did have a feature that let you capture the pc in video format. You then edit and upload to YouTube. I have used it in the past.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I wish i could have kept going but its been a long time since my HR stayed consistently in the 169/176 range and i just didnt feel comfortable. Mind you to put last nights ride in perspective we were all going some in that first lap, just that some of you were strong enough to keep going!

View attachment 434303

My time yesterday for that segment was exactly the same at 13.04 (we would have all been in the same group together). Your watts for that lap are way lower than mine vs for the same speed despite there only being 5kg difference in our weight - 274 vs 325. You must be very energy efficient in the way you ride and draft! (Although also could be a quirk of the Bkool trainer I suppose?)

bobinski

Legendary Member

Kip, my HR just before the start was 120ish rather than usual mid 90's. I also have a sore throat and a bit of a head cold today though nothing to stop a trooper like me going into work :biggrin: But even if 100 % fit i reckon i would have struggled to keep up anything like that intensity. The fact is it was practically 4w/k.
Average of 178 and high of 186? That's amazing :notworthy:

bobinski

Legendary Member
My time yesterday for that segment was exactly the same at 13.04 (we would have all been in the same group together). Your watts for that lap are way lower than mine vs for the same speed despite there only being 5kg difference in our weight - 274 vs 325. You must be very energy efficient in the way you ride and draft! (Although also could be a quirk of the Bkool trainer I suppose?)

Ha! I don't know about energy efficient! Nothing felt remotely energy efficient as this old man struggled to hang on to the pack:laugh:. As we got to the end of the lap i had to get out of the saddle to generate enough power to stay with you guys which is never a good sign.

Its funny, looking the video i thought you raced really well, just inside the pack, not straying to the front or towards the back, suggesting you were being energy efficient.

Top Bottom