Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well, fact once I got lockring off I couldn't get cassette off :rolleyes: is neither here nor there .The point is I am injury free. Well, have I told you about my knee??

Frigging hell its heavy that neo must be all those magnets. All boxed and ready to go off in morning. There will be a tear in my eye :blush:

JLaw

Veteran
Thursday KISS C was two laps with a pair of climbs up box hill. Probably the most consistent laps and climbs I've ever had on the course. Just a 10 second difference on the Box Hill Climb and less than a minute on the full lap. I must have been riding with a reasonably well matched group as it seemed I passed just about as many riders as passed me on the first lap's climb. On the second ascent of Box Hill, there was a gent that rode just behind me most of the way. It was almost like he was pulsing his effort. Up to 3w/kg, lower to 1.5, back up to 3, lower again. Each cycle was just a few seconds and it went on for nearly 10 minutes. At first I figured he was approaching his limit and would get dropped if I could keep a hard steady effort. But that never happened. He just kept pulsing his effort for the duration of the climb. Strange. It was a good motivator for the 2nd climb. Though my overall lap times weren't great.

I missed the race I'd planned today. Zwift just wouldn't start. When it finally got going again my race had started. I was able to join the ZHR training ride. 6 flat laps in London, hitting the gas for the final kilometer of each lap, then recovering & regrouping. I normally wouldn't focus on something like that, but it was enough to keep my interest and pass the time. Two efforts for calibration. Two efforts where I went too hard and blew up with 50-100M to go. Two efforts nailed pretty well. Last lap was a race, but the results don't break that out independently. I do know it was painful trying to hold off the gent behind me over the last km and particularly through the final sprint. I prevailed, but it wasn't by much.

Snowbird Hill Climb was supposed to be next week, but is being moved due to road construction. Arggh.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, fact once I got lockring off I couldn't get cassette off :rolleyes: is neither here nor there .The point is I am injury free. Well, have I told you about my knee??

Frigging hell its heavy that neo must be all those magnets. All boxed and ready to go off in morning. There will be a tear in my eye :blush:

You should try picking up a Kickr, you lightweight:tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Thursday KISS C was two laps with a pair of climbs up box hill. Probably the most consistent laps and climbs I've ever had on the course. Just a 10 second difference on the Box Hill Climb and less than a minute on the full lap. I must have been riding with a reasonably well matched group as it seemed I passed just about as many riders as passed me on the first lap's climb. On the second ascent of Box Hill, there was a gent that rode just behind me most of the way. It was almost like he was pulsing his effort. Up to 3w/kg, lower to 1.5, back up to 3, lower again. Each cycle was just a few seconds and it went on for nearly 10 minutes. At first I figured he was approaching his limit and would get dropped if I could keep a hard steady effort. But that never happened. He just kept pulsing his effort for the duration of the climb. Strange. It was a good motivator for the 2nd climb. Though my overall lap times weren't great.

I missed the race I'd planned today. Zwift just wouldn't start. When it finally got going again my race had started. I was able to join the ZHR training ride. 6 flat laps in London, hitting the gas for the final kilometer of each lap, then recovering & regrouping. I normally wouldn't focus on something like that, but it was enough to keep my interest and pass the time. Two efforts for calibration. Two efforts where I went too hard and blew up with 50-100M to go. Two efforts nailed pretty well. Last lap was a race, but the results don't break that out independently. I do know it was painful trying to hold off the gent behind me over the last km and particularly through the final sprint. I prevailed, but it wasn't by much.

Snowbird Hill Climb was supposed to be next week, but is being moved due to road construction. Arggh.

I was trying to explain to my cycling buddies why I will miss the NEO for proper training and all I really needed to do was get them to read your posts - another great write up.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I was trying to explain to my cycling buddies why I will miss the NEO for proper training and all I really needed to do was get them to read your posts - another great write up.

Bob very last minute I know but do you fancy London - Brighton tomorrow? I'm leaving Clapham around 6:30 to miss the crowds and the heat. I won't have time to cycle back so prob jump on a train somewhere just outside Brighton.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Excellent chance to try out your legs on Ditching Beacon Bob!?

Go for it Tommy, scorcher tomorrow, lots of fluid/salt tabs. Enjoy :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Roadworks on Zwift ?!? Now that is realism for you :rofl:

<Tommy>

Excellent chance to try out your legs on Ditching Beacon Bob!?

Go for it Tommy, scorcher tomorrow, lots of fluid/salt tabs. Enjoy :biggrin:

Maybe the radio silence is Bob trying to think of a negotiating strategy!

I used Father's Day to pearce the beast's defences!

Sure your kids may have abandoned you years ago in favour of girls and computers consoles... But the very least the little sods can do is afford you a bit of time on your own, to escape, and fantasise about a life of peace and quiet! ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
TT, no, been setting up water slide in back garden- for nipper and his friends obviously :whistle:

Tempted, very tempted. Just a little too early given I have a certain routine I must follow in morning otherwise it will be Demoulin on ditching :laugh:

Can I let you know later?

Why has it taken 3 hours to prepare for a load of kids coming over for a water fight/Day??

<Tommy>

No worries Bob

I'm going either way so you can leave it as long as you like to decide. It is pretty early to set off but I've got to be back early ish to keep the peace...

<Tommy>

Of it wasn't so early and far I would of come. I Fancy doing Ditchling in real life-one day. I'll make do with club run :smile:

It's not that taxing to be honest Andy. Maybe if you're trying to beat pb's but at a cruise it's just a nice ride. Lots of the roads are closed and there's lots of support along the way so as long as you beat the crowds it's good fun. Maybe next year we could go there and back. Buying your daughter a sofa bed for her London pad could be a sound investment! ^_^

Top Bottom