Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
I think Peter has a pm too?

No I'm on the direct drive too (Kickr)

I do have a PM but haven't really used it as I have the direct drive and in trw I just like to ride :smile:

JLaw

Veteran
Thanks for the encouragement guys -- here, in zwift and strava. It's greatly appreciated.

Took at shot at the KISS EUR today. There was something like 200 in the pens today. I was ready to go today with a functional HR monitor. Didn't recognize anyone in the D group, though I did see a variety in the B & C groups that I was racing against in the spring...

Started with a group of a dozen or so that slowly reeled in some slower C riders. We'd break up on the little climb into the volcano, but regroup shortly afterwards. Not sure what lap it happened, but it was mass chaos when the A riders flew by, perhaps ~50 of 'em. It totally blew apart our little group. We had just reformed when bam it happened again with the B riders. Ugh. Rode the last lap or two with a couple C riders and one other D rider. I managed to hold onto their wheels through the final climb into the volcano, but let them go without a sprint finish. Turns out that D rider I was with took 1st.

Solid workout. Respectable 2nd place. I don't forsee moving back up to C anytime soon. I'd end up dropping back down to D anyway once I have my surgery.

Del C

Veteran
A bit of a late summary as I had to go out straight after the ride, but I enjoyed that.

Didn't really know how things would turn out as it was the first ITT ride I'd done on Zwift, so I didn't go out as hard as a normal race and just tried to ride at a steady, consistent power. Haven't had time to check my timings/splits but it felt like the laps were quite consistent and I didn't feel wasted at the end.

No idea if that means I could have gone faster or not, as pushing harder earlier often ends up with paying for it in the latter stages, but overall it felt good and I'd certainly do another ITT race.

And well done everyone else. Some good times tonight. Looks like Paul, Pete and Lee had a great battle.

bugno

Can't see a ramp test on Zwift ..... is there one, and if so which test worksout is it?

It is in the workout section of Zwift. At the bottom of the workout options you can select "GP Lama HP ... something" ... takes 58min. Just did it. It is BRUTAL.

I did it on my very old and clunky bkool turbo which is falling apart. Subtracted 10% from the FTP for good measure.

Here's how to calculate/estimate the FTP: https://zwifthacks.com/app/map-ftp-calculator/ (To use GP Lama's method "click to show setup") and then select GP Lama ... enter your values from the test.

Breedon

Legendary Member
A bit of a late summary as I had to go out straight after the ride, but I enjoyed that.

Didn't really know how things would turn out as it was the first ITT ride I'd done on Zwift, so I didn't go out as hard as a normal race and just tried to ride at a steady, consistent power. Haven't had time to check my timings/splits but it felt like the laps were quite consistent and I didn't feel wasted at the end.

No idea if that means I could have gone faster or not, as pushing harder earlier often ends up with paying for it in the latter stages, but overall it felt good and I'd certainly do another ITT race.

And well done everyone else. Some good times tonight. Looks like Paul, Pete and Lee had a great battle.

Sounds like you could have gone harder, but I'm going by how hard I ride we're all different.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'll answer that with a question:
In order to consistently track your fitness, you'll have to do the same test.
Which one would you rather repeat multiple times? :biggrin:
I don't think it matters, but you have to be consistent with what one you choose. With any "FTP test" you are testing yourself to the point of failure, so if you finish a test and are not near the point of vomiting, or can walk away from the bike, then you haven't given it everything and have 'cheated' yourself :rofl:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not having much luck with group rides/races. Got myself in a good pack, but 2.5 miles in, the power cable fell out of my turbo. By the time I'd jumped off and got it to re-connect, the groups had long gone. On I carried in my solo effort, and I wasn't last !!

Seemed to have sorted connection issues - kept getting drop outs on WIFI and LAN, even on the main router in the house, and a LAN connected PC couldn't recognise the network. Decided to re-boot the BT Hub, and lo and behold, everything seems OK. Grr... other than the kids shouting 'oi dad the internet isn't working'.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I don't think it matters, but you have to be consistent with what one you choose. With any "FTP test" you are testing yourself to the point of failure, so if you finish a test and are not near the point of vomiting, or can walk away from the bike, then you haven't given it everything and have 'cheated' yourself :rofl:

This...

Some of you were too quick to post after yesterday’s race suggesting you hadn’t ridden to exhaustion :biggrin:

I am getting to enjoy my new role as armchair critic ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'll answer that with a question:
In order to consistently track your fitness, you'll have to do the same test.
Which one would you rather repeat multiple times? :biggrin:
I think I'm happy with a rough approximation to help with the occasional workout :whistle:
You're not doing anything to sell it to me!

Top Bottom