Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Think of it more as coach ^_^
Surely you mean a couch?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
i dont take much notice of ftp to be honest , i dont think i have managed to finish a proper test , and i don't bother changing it in zwift when it goes up .
it all depends on the type of course for me , even though tonight was bloody hard , i think i would get a slightly higher reading if it was all up hill
I only change mine as it's used in workouts to set erg power targets. I don't want the workouts too hard so I can't finish, or too easy that I get bored. Seems to work ok most of the time.

Del C

Veteran
Sounds like you could have gone harder, but I'm going by how hard I ride we're all different.
I'll just have to try to go a bit harder next time I suppose?

I didn't go easy, just tried to keep it fairly hard and even at the start, so that I had enough to push harder on the last lap. I rode a bit like @Whorty suggested, keeping it even on the flats and descents and pushing on the inclines, which seemed to work ok.

The plan seemed to work because I caught some guys on the last lap who had been 10 seconds or more ahead of me, including the 2 guys who finished bottom of the B group. But like @Norry1 said, maybe its better to finish nearer the top of the C group than being bottom of the Bs!

Still, the main thing was I enjoyed it and looking again at my ride this morning, I was around 20W average higher than recent rides and my timings were incredibly consistent on all 4 laps, so all good!

peterob

Veteran
I'll just have to try to go a bit harder next time I suppose?

I didn't go easy, just tried to keep it fairly hard and even at the start, so that I had enough to push harder on the last lap. I rode a bit like @Whorty suggested, keeping it even on the flats and descents and pushing on the inclines, which seemed to work ok.

The plan seemed to work because I caught some guys on the last lap who had been 10 seconds or more ahead of me, including the 2 guys who finished bottom of the B group. But like @Norry1 said, maybe its better to finish nearer the top of the C group than being bottom of the Bs!

Still, the main thing was I enjoyed it and looking again at my ride this morning, I was around 20W average higher than recent rides and my timings were incredibly consistent on all 4 laps, so all good!
Newbie question alert....

How are you analysing your lap data? Is it from Strava or is there a way you can get the stats from Zwift?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I can tell from my HR I lost concentration/mental determination. I didn't feel too knackered at the end, so should/could of tried harder :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Surely you mean a couch?

Couch potato coach !

Del C

Veteran
Goto to analyse tab, drag mouse over course you want. It will grey out, showing stats on left distance and time in grey just above
I may be doing this wrong.

Clicked on Analysis tab. Map of course is at the top of the page with a set of graphs below.

Tried placing the mouse pointer both outside the course and on the line of the course and dragging the pointer, but it just moved the whole map instead.

Is that what I should be doing or have I got it wrong?

Top Bottom