Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
No fair :cry:

My brother doesn't even do Zwift, yet he gets a Tron bike

IMG-20181114-WA0021.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I suppose to lose weight about 7kg to have better power to weight ratio. Now i need to climb virtual gradients bite my teeth. Till then my power output is just a mediocre.
My power is fine for my height ...... It's the height to weight ratio I have a problem with :whistle:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:smile:

That ftp will have been on the basis of a not too taxing ride.
You don't know how oos I am. Pear shaped, as in gone. :cry:
The only way is up now TB! Mix your training up, start a plan and get on top of that diet and you'll be flying.
Plan to start that tomorrow. Beginner, then build me up, then ftp builder, then gran fondo. Or as much as I can get in :bicycle:

Last edited:
I’ve got the 4K ATV coming tomorrow,so looking forward to it

Whorty

You don't know how oos I am. Pear shaped, as in gone. :cry:

Plan to start that tomorrow. Beginner, then build me up, the ftp builder, then gran fondo. Or as much as I can get in :bicycle:
Go straight to build me up. Just ensure the starting FTP is realistic and you'll be fine. :okay: I'm expecting you to be challenging me again next year like you used to in the early days of me being on bkool :boxing:

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Last night I was trying to help set a friend up on Zwift (on my Bkool) who's not used it before. He was using a Macbook Pro - a few years old but as far as I could tell, within the minimum spec requirements Zwift have published. Despite running smoothly in terms of graphics when it was working, the Zwift app kept crashing however. It also kept taking ages to connect via ant+ every time we re-started it. Does anyone else use a Macbook Pro to run Zwift on, and have any similar experience or tips to overcome the constant crashing?

The other problem we had was he was using a hybrid with MTB size wheels 26 x 1.5 tyres (slick) and the power & speed on Zwift was woefully low even when putting in a big effort. I am assuming it was the fat tyres (which were also a bit under-inflated as his pump was not very good!) so I'm after any 26 size tyre recommendations? It did also occur to me - would the smaller wheel size have any affect, and do any settings need to be changed anywhere to account for the wheel size?

Thanks - any advice, particularly on the Macbook would be appreciated

Whorty

@theboxers there is a new challenge starting on 19th Nov, Rapha, that could be worth joining in. Workouts, group rides (not supposed to be races, although some do race - not me clearly, but others - but a large number do also just ride the courses at a sensible pace). Could be a good intro to Zwift, to get a feel for the group riding and the workout sessions.

edit : just read that you have to be a Rapha member to join this challenge. be interested how many Zwift riders are also rapha members and hence how many they get on this challenge.

I'm out :tongue:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
@theboxers there is a new challenge starting on 19th Nov, Rapha, that could be worth joining in. Workouts, group rides (not supposed to be races, although some do race - not me clearly, but others - but a large number do also just ride the courses at a sensible pace). Could be a good intro to Zwift, to get a feel for the group riding and the workout sessions.

edit : just read that you have to be a Rapha member to join this challenge. be interested how many Zwift riders are also rapha members and hence how many they get on this challenge.

I'm out :tongue:

Lots of rage on this on FB! Not clear if you have to be member to take part or just to wear the kit

Whorty

Lots of rage on this on FB! Not clear if you have to be member to take part or just to wear the kit
Yes, that's where I picked up you had to be a member to get the kit and complete all rides. Seems none members can do some rides, but not all, and only members get the virtual kit. These could be very sparse rides! You'd think if they want to promote Rapha they'd have it open to all, but their rules, their choice. Not for me.

Top Bottom