Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
:dry: I've done my first workout and done a KOM, I was not last:thumbsup:. 45 minutes or so of activity. Just need to keep going on the bike now :whistle:

No races in my forseeable future though :wahhey: :whistle: :tongue:
Well done @theboxers !

I can understand you might feel a long way off from racing. When I first moved across I wondered how I'd do and there's always a bit of hesitancy when you don't quite know what to expect.

A good halfway house is to look for one of the sub 2w/kg group rides. They're basically group social rides with a ride leader, who tries to keep the group together and ensure that people don't ride way over the advertised 2w/kg and break up the group.

Ok, there are always some that do, but mostly people do try to stick together and don't try to blow people out the back of the group.

I'd recommend you at least try one of these rides. They give you a good feel for Zwift and riding in a group, which does make the whole Zwift experience much more enjoyable. I do them myself when I feel that I just need a recovery ride. Give one a go. I think you'll enjoy them.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I usually join the PACK Sub 2 Rides If I don't have a workout and ZZRC are pretty good as well

bobinski

Legendary Member
Those sub 2’s especially the Pack sub 2’s are great social rides. Very welcoming. Ignore the flyers and just settle into the pack and ride. They use discord and the text chat to banter, tell jokes, talk about lots of stuff. They always regroup at the top of the long climbs too.Time flies.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
20181115_200416.jpg
Bob, Randy teaser:tongue:

20181115_195621.jpg

Wheels now fitted for testing before dismantling for Tenerife ^_^

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
And there’s me thinking you were just showing damage to the Kickr:laugh:

Get on with it!

Been looking at Zuus wheels today partly for the warranty. Standard Chinese/Taiwanese parts and not much more to buy.

Not sure why I’m biting as you always looking but never pull the trigger! :rolleyes:

But if you want Chinese wheels look at farsport. That way you can get them built up with decent hubs.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Not sure why I’m biting as you always looking but never pull the trigger! :rolleyes:

But if you want Chinese wheels look at farsport. That way you can get them built up with decent hubs.

I know - it’s been a tricky year work wise with some uncertainty going forward and so difficult to commit to spendy purchases. And also difficult to justify as my power and endurance dropped over the year waiting for my op. I can see some light now. Having shifted focus from Hunts after that Hambini expose I have 2 sets of Chinese wheels, lightweight climbing and some deepish rims, in mind , one of which will be a xmas present to me^_^

Breedon

Legendary Member
I know - it’s been a tricky year work wise with some uncertainty going forward and so difficult to commit to spendy purchases. And also difficult to justify as my power and endurance dropped over the year waiting for my op. I can see some light now. Having shifted focus from Hunts after that Hambini expose I have 2 sets of Chinese wheels, lightweight climbing and some deepish rims, in mind , one of which will be a xmas present to me^_^
I've been looking at those Zuus wheels as well look pretty good.
I do have a set of rim brake carbon from light bicycle Chinese made I had 1 problem and they sent out a new rim so had to pay for a rebuild but they didn't quibble about sending out the new rim.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

You know I think one thing the hambini test showed was there’s not much between any of the wheels of similar depth aero wise. The thing with the hunt wheels is they seem overpriced compared to other Chinese wheels. There is of course other characteristics in a good wheelset. I.e stiffness, general feel and the hubs amongst other exciting topics!

If I’m you I’m 100% getting some deep wheels over shallow lightweight ones. Then it’s all about focusing on Cambridge.

Top Bottom