Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You know I think one thing the hambini test showed was there’s not much between any of the wheels of similar depth aero wise. The thing with the hunt wheels is they seem overpriced compared to other Chinese wheels. There is of course other characteristics in a good wheelset. I.e stiffness, general feel and the hubs amongst other exciting topics!

If I’m you I’m 100% getting some deep wheels over shallow lightweight ones. Then it’s all about focusing on Cambridge.

I had two pairs of aero 60mm rim wheels, one cheap Chinese£299, the other Yoeleo(chinese) better quality. The difference was Yeoleo were less prone to side wind deflection, they have U shaped profile whereas tbe cheap chinese wheels are more V shaped. The Yoeleo seemed to be stiffer, with straight pull hubs and Sapin spokes. I didn't get much use from the Yeoleo wheels before hitting a huge pothole and wrecking them :sad:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm looking at the Zuus Aero Bars, can't believe just how cheap they are

JLaw

Veteran
@theboxers there is a new challenge starting on 19th Nov, Rapha, that could be worth joining in. Workouts, group rides (not supposed to be races, although some do race - not me clearly, but others - but a large number do also just ride the courses at a sensible pace). Could be a good intro to Zwift, to get a feel for the group riding and the workout sessions.

edit : just read that you have to be a Rapha member to join this challenge. be interested how many Zwift riders are also rapha members and hence how many they get on this challenge.

I'm out :tongue:
Likewise. I was pretty disappointed by the time I figured out I had to join the damn club to do the challenge. It would have been better if they were up-front about it. Oh well.

JLaw

Veteran
:dry: I've done my first workout and done a KOM, I was not last:thumbsup:. 45 minutes or so of activity. Just need to keep going on the bike now :whistle:

No races in my forseeable future though :wahhey: :whistle: :tongue:
Once you start racing, you'll be hooked. They're far more engaging than just wandering around the virtual worlds. Join one of the regular races -- more and more cyclechatters show up every week. You'll find me riding in the D cat in the KISS EUR races while I recover from my PE/DVTs and will continue to do so post kidney surgery. There were something like 200 racers in Tuesday's KISS EUR. Winter crowds.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
These arent as cheap as the zuus wheels but look good and get good reviews, they also do a lightweight 38mm profile

https://www.cycledivision.co.uk/wheels/cero-rc50-carbon-clincher-wheelset-8812

I can't see the zuus wheels with campagnolo freehub :sad:

20/24 spokes!- only for lightweight riders. I need 24/24 minimum ideally 24/28

If you get DT Swiss hubs, you can get Campag freehub ~£75
You can get them for £45 from here https://www.acycles.co.uk/dt-swiss-...Tg1w1McAvD9avPbDWHiU_H4lOumsGgRBoC4Z0QAvD_BwE
French company-poor communication but do get there eventually

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Brexit will sort it

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I had two pairs of aero 60mm rim wheels, one cheap Chinese£299, the other Yoeleo(chinese) better quality. The difference was Yeoleo were less prone to side wind deflection, they have U shaped profile whereas tbe cheap chinese wheels are more V shaped. The Yoeleo seemed to be stiffer, with straight pull hubs and Sapin spokes. I didn't get much use from the Yeoleo wheels before hitting a huge pothole and wrecking them :sad:

In the hambini tests Bob mentioned yoeleo wheels rated very well indeed. I’ve got a variety of different shaped rims too. And the u shaped rims defo feel more comfy in the wind.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yes Tommy, stripped down my damaged aero wheels and had built some robust, all purpose tubeless set. I ordered new rims and local builder laced them for me. Im ditching tubular going tubeless on all wheels

Tubeless you say? Have a watch of GP Lama’s latest vid. I run tubeless and that’s my nightmare scenario but at the roadside.

Top Bottom