Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Is there another drill to improve the clunking?

Randy one legged drills are awkward. I tend not to do these but concentrate on the 4 parts of the pedal stroke.
Starting at 10pm position
  1. Light forward push through 12 O'clock to 2pm
  2. Push down to 5 O'clock
  3. Pull back lightly till 7pm
  4. Lift up to 10pm position
Try thinking of pedalling in big circles. Practice whilst pedalling and concentrate on opposite 2 sides of the rotation(eg push forward, pull back) then switch attention to the other 2. After a period try and put it all in a smooth rotation. You can after a bit of practice change which part of rotation to put most effort into, so allowing when fatigue set in, micro rest of lets say, the quads by concentrating on lift part of the pedal rotation using hamstrings more . If you get what i mean?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hills? Those little lumps in Zwift? You big boys and your big watts should be fine up to about 4-5% . After that sure you are gonna struggle a bit more with every % increase. But there’s not a lot of that :tongue:

I have to say bob that’s a solid 7 out of 10 for goading there! :thumbsup:

Glad to see even though you’re slightly hindered at the moment you’re working on other aspects of the game ^_^

(Solid Geoffrey Boycott straight bat defence from andy there too! :thumbsup:)

Randy one legged drills are awkward. I tend not to do these but concentrate on the 4 parts of the pedal stroke.
Starting at 10pm position
  1. Light forward push through 12 O'clock to 2pm
  2. Push down to 5 O'clock
  3. Pull back lightly till 7pm
  4. Lift up to 10pm position
Try thinking of pedalling in big circles. Practice whilst pedalling and concentrate on opposite 2 sides of the rotation(eg push forward, pull back) then switch attention to the other 2. After a period try and put it all in a smooth rotation. You can after a bit of practice change which part of rotation to put most effort into, so allowing when fatigue set in, micro rest of lets say, the quads by concentrating on lift part of the pedal rotation using hamstrings more . If you get what i mean?
Thanks. I was surprised how bad my technique is. I know I'm a masher but this was ridiculous. This and cadence are some areas for big improvement.

kipster

Guru
Me, Tommy and Lee all rode it. Lee is travelling home so not loaded it up yet. Super tough ride with hills for the first half and head wind on the way back. I took them up Streatley Hill, a top 100 hill, not too hard but you certainly know you're doing it https://cyclinguphill.com/100-climbs/streatley-hill/

We were joined by my mate Andrew who rode with us for about 10 miles, he came to the Alps with us so nice to catch up for a bit.

I was dead at 70 miles, probably shouldn't have ridden 50 yesterday. Tommy took my wahoo as it had the route on it, my wife picked me up and drove me the last 10 miles, feeling proper embarrassed by that but I was properly fecked. I'm keeping the whole ride on Strava though :evil:it took a fair bit of planning. Tommy and Lee super strong as always :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I have a couple of questions for those who are doing the "build me up". I missed a session and now it says unavailable. Do they have make up days? Also the one leg drill was awful. Is there another drill to improve the clunking?
Don't think you can make them up. If I know I can't make one (say because I've done a race instead) I'll click it as 'done'). Don't think it really makes too much difference though if you don't finish them all.

Don't think you can make them up. If I know I can't make one (say because I've done a race instead) I'll click it as 'done'). Don't think it really makes too much difference though if you don't finish them all.
I bought a cheap cadence ant sensor because the BKOOL cadence always halved my cadence on climbs. Today at the over under section it started acting up so when the cadence dropped to the 30s the erg mode cranked the resistance so I had to stand on the pedals just to move.

I’m going to get it sorted out and start over. Is anyone else using a BKOOL pro on “build me up”?

bugno

What does this mean i Zwift race "5 min and 20min CEVAZ limits apply"

I have no idea what it means and google hasn't helped me.

Thanks !

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I bought a cheap cadence ant sensor because the BKOOL cadence always halved my cadence on climbs. Today at the over under section it started acting up so when the cadence dropped to the 30s the erg mode cranked the resistance so I had to stand on the pedals just to move.

I’m going to get it sorted out and start over. Is anyone else using a BKOOL pro on “build me up”?
No, I use my kickr. I do have a seperate cadence sensor though - Wahoo.

Top Bottom