Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Pete
Screenshot_20190116-104414_Chrome.jpg

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think it is easier to read if you put the KOM rider at the top. You can see below Andy (orange line) was about a minute ahead of @kipster (turquoise line) for much of the race, but was caught and overtaken just after 20 miles. Dean almost caught you too Andy, but you pulled away again in the last couple of miles

strava comparison.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think it is easier to read if you put the KOM rider at the top. You can see below Andy (orange line) was about a minute ahead of @kipster (turquoise line) for much of the race, but was caught and overtaken just after 20 miles. Dean almost caught you too Andy, but you pulled away again in the last couple of miles

View attachment 447399

The loss of time is probably where I became detached from the pack and solo'd

LBHIFI

Veteran
Tonight 21:05 UK time, there's a race organized by the danish bike magazine "Cykelmagasinet". Could be interesting to watch team FUSION ECT. Supposedly they are pushing the boundarys of e-racing and is almost running things like a real team, complete with sponsor, tacticts meatings etc.

Here's a link to the first race wich was won by a FUSION rider:

View: https://youtu.be/OYK9j6T5HzU

Tonights race should be live streamed here: https://m.facebook.com/DanishZwiftRiders/?ref=bookmarks

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It’s an ideal opportunity for people to beat 60 mins. Apparently the draft does still work so try and stick with others or if feeling strong bridge and find an equivalent rider to push on with.
The problem with stage 6 is if it's the ride to the sky it starts down by the pier, so first you have to ride for 30 or so minutes before you even get to the base of the Alpe. First the flats, then the first part of the KoM to the Jungle entrance, then drop down into jungle. Tactics could come into play - do you take the first 30 mins easy (ish), accepting you'll lose a few minutes but saving something for the Alpe. Or do you keep on the power from the off, trying to get a jump on others and hope you can hold it up the Alpe?

I know what my plan is .... but I'm not telling :biggrin:

See you on the mountain guys :hello:

The problem with stage 6 is if it's the ride to the sky it starts down by the pier, so first you have to ride for 30 or so minutes before you even get to the base of the Alpe. First the flats, then the first part of the KoM to the Jungle entrance, then drop down into jungle. Tactics could come into play - do you take the first 30 mins easy (ish), accepting you'll lose a few minutes but saving something for the Alpe. Or do you keep on the power from the off, trying to get a jump on others and hope you can hold it up the Alpe?

By putting two and two together I see what your plan is. Lose 20kg overnight and get sponsored by the Danish Cycle Magazine. I can see the cover photo now with you giving the camera a badass scowl under the headline "TUE?"

JuhaL

Guru

I will salute you when i'm coming down :rofl::cry:

kipster

Guru
The alpe is too long for a blast unless you're a true climber. Fast group to the bottom then steady watts to the top. If I can manage close to ftp all the way to the top then I should get a good time. Spin to win.....

mjd1988

Guru
going for stage 5 at 5 today.

Don't want to think about stage 6 until I have to! I reckon I'll race to the foot and then get passed by pretty much everyone. The alternative is to pace myself to the foot then get...passed by pretty much everyone

Top Bottom