Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
My legs are feeling more compliant today so will be doing stage 5 again @Whorty you with me :hyper:

Del C

Veteran
The problem with stage 6 is if it's the ride to the sky it starts down by the pier, so first you have to ride for 30 or so minutes before you even get to the base of the Alpe. First the flats, then the first part of the KoM to the Jungle entrance, then drop down into jungle. Tactics could come into play - do you take the first 30 mins easy (ish), accepting you'll lose a few minutes but saving something for the Alpe. Or do you keep on the power from the off, trying to get a jump on others and hope you can hold it up the Alpe?

I know what my plan is .... but I'm not telling :biggrin:

See you on the mountain guys :hello:
They’re is a possible flaw in your cunning plan, Baldrick.

I’m sure the stage is starting from the jungle tomorrow, so starting from the pier may be a master stroke............ or you may end up reaching the bottom of the Alpe when everyone else is about 5kms up it!

I may ride the stage as a one-off tomorrow. It’s a recovery week on my training plan and the temptation to ride the Alpe is quite strong.

Del C

Veteran
They’re is a possible flaw in your cunning plan, Baldrick.

I’m sure the stage is starting from the jungle tomorrow, so starting from the pier may be a master stroke............ or you may end up reaching the bottom of the Alpe when everyone else is about 5kms up it!

I may ride the stage as a one-off tomorrow. It’s a recovery week on my training plan and the temptation to ride the Alpe is quite strong.
Just looked again and maybe I was wrong. I’ll have another look later.

For now, let’s pretend I’m right, otherwise my last post was a load of bollocks!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
going for stage 5 at 5 today.

Don't want to think about stage 6 until I have to! I reckon I'll race to the foot and then get passed by pretty much everyone. The alternative is to pace myself to the foot then get...passed by pretty much everyone
Oy, stop stealing my tactic of being passed by everyone on the climb ... :tongue:

Whorty

Just looked again and maybe I was wrong. I’ll have another look later.

For now, let’s pretend I’m right, otherwise my last post was a load of bollocks!
Definitely say ride to the sky. 12km ride to the base of the Alpe then the climb. Maybe 12km around the Jungle before the climb? Not entirely sure. When we did this in Tour de Zwift it was def from the pier and it caught some people out.

Either way, blast from the off and keep the power going until you crest the Alpe :training:

Whorty

Yep. Checked again.

Zwift says Stage 6 starts in the Mayan ruins.

Hope @Whorty is better than Theresa May at Plan B!
The profile shows 12km until the climbing starts, so maybe it's a loop of the ruins first. Better than doing some of the KoM being the Alpe, that's always a bugger on the legs

Edit : checked properly this time, it def starts from the pier :okay:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just signed up too. Probably won't finish it tonight as I had to do tea later for HiD. I'll look out for @Marino.g and see if I can ride with him for a bit :okay:

I see @berty bassett and @Brusgaard are signed up too. Could be some big battles up front :boxing:

Lee will tuck in and attack the climbs. Lee, if you are reading If you are partial to a power up get rid of the feather- you won’t really need it- because you will get a draft/aero PU pretty soon after and may need those more.

Top Bottom