Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Thanks Andy. Sat with the front group until the first climb, then I lost them, just as expected. Then a bunch of slower riders caught up, and I sat with them. Unfortunately they seemed pretty content at around 3-3,5 wkg, so the gap just kept growing to around 1 minute, even though I tried to set a higher pace a few times. But at the climb I got dropped again, and from then on it was just jumping back and forth between different smaller groups.

Stupidly I forgot to use my Draft PU on the last km. Might have shaven 5-15 seconds of my time, but I was too focused on keeping the cadence High and finishing below 1h14m. :banghead:

The time at the top said 1:13:35 when I crossed the line, but 1:13:59 center screen (and 1:14:00 on ZP). I think I have seen this top/center discrepancy in all TdZ rides. Anyone know why?
Don’t know why but I have noticed difference in timing for some reason

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I think it might be something to do with the large groups at the start and maybe depending how far back in the group you are (which can be affected by how late you join the warm up ) - both my last TDZ rides had almost identical times on both Zwift and ZP

Yes, I suspect the "late" joining might be the culprit. I am usually too late for a real warmup and rarely gets more than 10 minutes in before race start.

As the time/km done while warming up in the pen doesn't count (unlike Bkool), I usually just ride around and joins the event within the last minute.

peterob

Veteran
Updated the TdZ spreadsheet with today's times....

Some strong rides posted today. Brusgaard returns to the top but has Lee and Bridgy breathing down his neck. Stage 6 favours the lightweights, so Lee will be looking to make his mark (or are you hurtling down alps rather than up this weekend Lee?).

I did a similar length irw ride this evening - so much easier than the full-on Zwift races/rides! :tongue:

TdZ.png

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just watched the race Lars, incredible sustained power, 400,500W for long periods. 900+ for sprint finish. What i was very impressed with was the recovery in HR dropping 40bpm in just a few moments. I assume most are young, with alot running 180+ for sustained time

Open the results page on ZP and tick Age under Columns, and you'll see their age (category).

JLaw

Veteran
So not much to report on the KISS EUR TT. ~15 in the pens for D. I finished 5th on the road I think, but 1st according to ZP by a few seconds. I'll take it.

I did see a particularly funny zwift glitch again today. As I was starting to spin around before the race, a rider appeared in front of me on a trainer. They dragged the trainer a bit around the NYC course before disappearing. I'm easily amused I guess.

Assuming my surgeon gives me the OK, I plan to race the KISS EUR Monday. But you do _not_ want to be nearby -- pre-surgery "bowel prep". 'nuff said on that.

bobinski

Legendary Member
So not much to report on the KISS EUR TT. ~15 in the pens for D. I finished 5th on the road I think, but 1st according to ZP by a few seconds. I'll take it.

I did see a particularly funny zwift glitch again today. As I was starting to spin around before the race, a rider appeared in front of me on a trainer. They dragged the trainer a bit around the NYC course before disappearing. I'm easily amused I guess.

Assuming my surgeon gives me the OK, I plan to race the KISS EUR Monday. But you do _not_ want to be nearby -- pre-surgery "bowel prep". 'nuff said on that.

:biggrin:

(I am easily amused)

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Yes, I saw that too once. I actually slowed down for him to pass me again, so that I could do a recording, but I didn't see him/the trainer again. My guess was, that he joined an event at the moment I passed him and his avatar was put in the trainer just a few seconds too early, ie. before he left the road and got in the pen.
But if you saw it for an extended period of time, that probably wasn't the reason.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Just watched the race Lars, incredible sustained power, 400,500W for long periods. 900+ for sprint finish. What i was very impressed with was the recovery in HR dropping 40bpm in just a few moments. I assume most are young, with alot running 180+ for sustained time
That was a great race. It was clear that riders where trying to break away from team FUSION, but the FUSION team only let single riders hang out there.
Some massive watts by the guy who tried to break away a few km from finish. 500 - 600 watts for so long it made me sick just to watch it xx(. I never though the peleton would catch him, but FUSION kept their cool and the peleton slowly reeled him. Another one made a breakaway very close to finish and I thought that was the decisive move. Now you could watch the entire FUSION team get red (+11 watts/kg), quickly swallowed the front guy and launching their sprinter for the win.
What was really amazing was how FUSION seemed to protect their sprinter. Couldn't beleive he was sitting with 150-200 watts 130 bpm, for a long time while they were going 50 kph :eek:.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
So, weighed myself this morning and I'm up to 82.7kg. Probably didn't help that I had a chinese takeaway for tea last night (first one in months, but it was well received!). For those who know WADA rules, I believe diuretics are banned but what about laxatives? Pop a few laxatives Friday and I could literally sh1t myself lighter for the Alpe ride on Saturday :rofl:

I'd only be looking to shed 1/2 kg of 'weight' for the ride, but folks at work say I'm so full of it maybe I could even lose more :tongue:

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
So, weighed myself this morning and I'm up to 82.7kg. Probably didn't help that I had a chinese takeaway for tea last night (first one in months, but it was well received!). For those who know WADA rules, I believe diuretics are banned but what about laxatives? Pop a few laxatives Friday and I could literally sh1t myself lighter for the Alpe ride on Saturday :rofl:

I'd only be looking to shed 1/2 kg of 'weight' for the ride, but folks at work say I'm so full of it maybe I could even lose more :tongue:
I think as long as you don’t sh1t yourself during the ride that will all be ok and in order with Zwift anti doping rules.

Tommy2

Über Member
Anybody used Zwift in a hotel (with or without paying for the Wifi)?

Going on a training course for work and used to just take my bike and turbo a set workout but now Zwift is here I’m wondering whether to take the bike or just swim/run.

I don’t think it will be reliable enough even if I bought a WiFi access pass.

Top Bottom