Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyone knows what distance all those taking a shortcut today end up doing?

I guess almost 3.000 in one race is too much, with riderless bikes, someone riding offroad, some taking shortcuts (at least on the mini-map) etc.

Kind of reminds me of the funny stuff sometimes seen in Bkool, when we cross 150-200 riders in one race.
I didn't see any of that - but I have read before that what you see other riders doing is not necessarily the same as what's going on from their perspective. I doubt anyone got any advantage

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I didn't see any of that - but I have read before that what you see other riders doing is not necessarily the same as what's going on from their perspective. I doubt anyone got any advantage

You didn’t see riderless bikes and all that fun stuff a few kms into the race? Then have a look at my recording on Youtube. It should be available in a few minutes. :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
No one tell me you guys aren’t recreating the best days of bkool :thumbsup:

Now, anyone with a significant fast Zwift segment of any kind on a bkool should make it private :hugs:
Did this ages ago :okay: Although to be fair, none of my times are significantly fast :rofl:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You can always do it again tomorrow :cuppa:
Would love to do it again but just haven’t got time :laugh: you had a belter of a ride would have been great to have been in the same ride but don’t think I could have tried any harder today and was still trying to keep dinner down at 3 ! Heart was higher than normal all the time but can’t blame hangover that late in the day - maybe a little dehydrated - still yet to piddle today ! Had some words of encouragement mixed in with abuse from Andy what helped ( thank you ) didn’t know you could message people - will look in to how to do it - is it thru companion?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You didn’t see riderless bikes and all that fun stuff a few kms into the race? Then have a look at my recording on Youtube. It should be available in a few minutes. :smile:
I didn’t see any riderless bikes but there was one who was going round in circles - I don’t know if it was on purpose or if it was indeed really happening

bridgy

Legendary Member
Would love to do it again but just haven’t got time :laugh: you had a belter of a ride would have been great to have been in the same ride but don’t think I could have tried any harder today and was still trying to keep dinner down at 3 ! Heart was higher than normal all the time but can’t blame hangover that late in the day - maybe a little dehydrated - still yet to piddle today ! Had some words of encouragement mixed in with abuse from Andy what helped ( thank you ) didn’t know you could message people - will look in to how to do it - is it thru companion?
No me neither - although its amazing what reserves you can find in a race situation when someone you know turns up!

It looks like basically I was a minute quicker on the flat section before the Alpe, and you were a minute quicker up it. Limiting my time loss to you up the Alpe was my main aim so I'm very happy with that. Enjoying our little battles - and there's more hilly stages to come so don't despair!

bridgy

Legendary Member

Ha! Very weird, looks like the graphics struggling to cope with the sheer number of riders in one place

bridgy

Legendary Member
No one tell me you guys aren’t recreating the best days of bkool :thumbsup:

Now, anyone with a significant fast Zwift segment of any kind on a bkool should make it private :hugs:
Never thought to do this - or realised it would work, but I will if I spot any more significant ones

bridgy

Legendary Member
Some interesting battles there.

I've my flux at home, but have just setup a dumb turbo with a Tacx blue matic for weekends. I set it at level 3 resistance, which was what zwift told me to do, but it felt like very hard work. I'm sure I was working harder with a higher heartrate than I normally would for the same wattage. I'm also doing it with a bike with 16 gears, and smaller front rings than I'm used to - so when trying to raise my effort for a sprint I was spinning out.

I've never been on the Alpe, as I've just unlocked level 12 - but might try the tour tomorrow, what could possibly go wrong?
Good luck, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it...

bridgy

Legendary Member
I am home now with my iPad in front of me , can anyone explain how I can watch others in our cyclechat team race please
If you want to watch a particular person you're friends with and you know is riding, the best way I've found is to start zwift up as if you're riding (i.e don't select "just watch"). Ignore the warnings that your trainer's not connected etc. and when you get to the start screen where you can select a route to ride, you should see your friend in the list of riders you can click on to ride with. Click on that person and you'll be transported to where they are. Ignore your own avatar which will obviously stop at the side of the road, and quickly click on the name of the rider you want to watch - they should be there on the list of riders on the right of screen. You'll then be watching that rider, and you can just leave and forget about your own avatar. Then when you're finished just discard the ride

Top Bottom