Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
For those who have migrated from the Bkool platform to Zwift.

Feel free to drop onto bkool chat just remind those what they might be missing out on :okay:. Only good mannered banter

bobinski

Legendary Member
For those who have migrated from the Bkool platform to Zwift.

Feel free to drop onto bkool chat just remind those what they might be missing out on :okay:. Only good mannered banter

i certainly will! Baiting banter ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
Gardening tomorrow, as much as I dislike gardening I think it's preferable to 3+Watts :okay:

Btw I'm not getting much benefit from drafting, is it less noticeable than Bkool or am not getting into the correct position behind a rider?

Its variable and I am not sure if I can recognise it always. It seems more pronounced over 20mph. Sometimes it works fine behind 1 rider, closely tucked. Other times better behind 2-3 riders. I can ease power with no loss of speed. I often do this on solo rides, surfing from one draft to another.
Yesterday I drafted a guy who had done more than 100k and I kept wanting to take a turn but it's as if I was stuck behind him and I think he was getting that drafting boost too so I had to push harder than I might expect to get past.
Remember though I often complained I couldn't see or feel draft in bkool

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'll have to try easing off power whilst drafting. I thought I might see my watts drop once in the right position, but maybe I need to reduce effort and see if I'm dragged along

JLaw

Veteran
I can't tell when I'm in the draft either. I just assume that if I'm suitably close to the rider in front and stay there that the right things happen.

I rode today's c/d KISS race. I went back and forth over C vs D. Ultimately signed up for D. Stayed with the leaders until about halfway at which point they jumped 10-20 seconds ahead. I made a couple attempts to reel them in which were unsuccessful, but those efforts did manage to get me away from the other riders in the second group. Placed 3rd and didn't feel like I was going to puke when I got off the bike (what a pleasant change from the bkool handicap races ;-) Of course I was over on watts/kg. I would have placed smack in the middle of the C category.

Based on results, I should ride C for the flats and D if we're going to do major climbing. Tomorrow looks a bit longer, but flat.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I joined the Zsun chaingang for the 3rd week last night, pretty much an A cat ride but hoped to stay with the group. Epic fail. I couldn't get consistent power and was a minute down on my best time for the first lap. 2 laps in I was out the back and slowed. Reviewing HR shows 20bpm below usual max, a clear indication something not right.I have woken this morning with a sore throat and heavy chest so at least I have an excuse for an abject performance.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob, get well. Whilst you're taking a medical breakxx(, can you tell me how to do thumbs up either in Zwift or Strava? Im usually Ok working around software, but am flummoxed with this!:unsure:

Breedon, not yet, but even the take it easy rides can get a bit frisky, from my limited experience:okay:

Top Bottom