Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Glad I didn't join your race actually because when I tried to race on Sunday evening I had absolutely nothing - gave up after about a mile and just pootled round for an hour!
same here ! ended up just meandering round looking at the interesting plant life ^_^

zone 2 for all of us by the sounds of it then. :reading:

Did you see much plant life (IN THE DESERT) whippet?

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well I won’t be racing this week unfortunately- I’ve come down with a stinking cold! Just loaded the dishwasher and feel like I need to recover!

mjd1988

Guru

Was just reading this, not a fan at the moment, starting to be too many variables with equipment choice, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sorry - haven't forgotten to invite you guys, just been really busy and hadn't got round to setting it up yet.

Will do it now. Going to be a fast, flat TT stage this week. Based on the article I linked to above confirming that the dirt/gravel affects all road bikes equally at the moment (as long as you've updated), we can return to racing in Watopia next week - thinking of doing Road to Ruins again because that was kind of unfinished business!

So anyway, this week is a TT on London's "Greatest London Flat" route - see https://zwiftinsider.com/london/ and https://www.strava.com/segments/16982511. Should be a 30 to 40 minute effort.

TT bikes only.

Invites on their way shortly....

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Was just reading this, not a fan at the moment, starting to be too many variables with equipment choice, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

same here. I get they want to keep things interesting but this bit I’ve quoted below seems excessive to me.

“• Soon, dirt performance will be a factor in wheel choice. Currently, all road tires perform the same in dirt, and only the mountain bike (with its MTB tires) performs differently. This will change when Zwift begins releasing more wheelsets, and they may even change the Crr values of some existing wheelsets.”

It’s very gimmicky to me. They could at least let you choose tyres separately from wheels if they want to go down this route.

Top Bottom