Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Paul
Have You ever tried using Discord for voice chat during the meet ups? I’ve used it recently for some team races and it works fairly ok if everyone is on headsets and mutes during times of heavy breathing / panting :laugh:
we used it a lot in Zunr. Worked quite well. Always disappointing though to hear colleagues talking when I can barely breathe 😢😁

Del C

Veteran
@bridgy

Well I seem to be the first one back from the test. @Freelanderuk is off doing a full recce for tomorrow's route and @peterob dropped out to ride elsewhere!

So the three of us all got transported to the meet-up spawn point as usual. The ride started on time. We were all visible on the right side rider list and were all highlighted in green.

@Freelanderuk and I swapped a few messages (also in a fetching shade of green) before he sped off up the road, while I did a slow 6 mile plod in my jeans and splendid high-vis cycling clips (neither the jeans nor the clips are mandatory for meet-ups).

So, in conclusion, I'd say you're good to set up the meet-up for tomorrow. Doesn't look as if it affects anything if you don't turn up, except we won't see a 200 feet yellow beacon sticking out of your head.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

kipster

Guru
Have You ever tried using Discord for voice chat during the meet ups? I’ve used it recently for some team races and it works fairly ok if everyone is on headsets and mutes during times of heavy breathing / panting :laugh:
I set up a discord channel for the group ages ago, happy to send out a link later

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy

Well I seem to be the first one back from the test. @Freelanderuk is off doing a full recce for tomorrow's route and @peterob dropped out to ride elsewhere!

So the three of us all got transported to the meet-up spawn point as usual. The ride started on time. We were all visible on the right side rider list and were all highlighted in green.

@Freelanderuk and I swapped a few messages (also in a fetching shade of green) before he sped off up the road, while I did a slow 6 mile plod in my jeans and splendid high-vis cycling clips (neither the jeans nor the clips are mandatory for meet-ups).

So, in conclusion, I'd say you're good to set up the meet-up for tomorrow. Doesn't look as if it affects anything if you don't turn up, except we won't see a 200 feet yellow beacon sticking out of your head.
Great, thanks Del that's good to know! I will set up the official races for Tuesday and Thursday later

kipster

Guru
I’d give it a go. It would be useful to torment the chasing bunch. They might hear me order a pizza in time for the finish lol
Discord link https://discord.gg/t5XzC9

I would recommend headphones / microphone such as these for use with it

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B07N8RYGC4/

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

Thanks @kipster. I’ll log in there tomorrow evening and see if anyone is online. I’m on standard wired headphones which work ok.

I won’t have to worry about timing a bike change tomorrow. I tried theMTB course this evening and failed miserably on 4 attempts. Best run was 6 stars in 12 mins. The steering was very jerky and over sensitive. Clearly my improvised wheel turning device - cutouts from two plastic milk cartons - wasn’t up to the mark. I gave up on that early on but even holding the phone by hand wasn’t good.

Has anyone else mastered it?

Thanks @kipster. I’ll log in there tomorrow evening and see if anyone is online. I’m on standard wired headphones which work ok.

I won’t have to worry about timing a bike change tomorrow. I tried theMTB course this evening and failed miserably on 4 attempts. Best run was 6 stars in 12 mins. The steering was very jerky and over sensitive. Clearly my improvised wheel turning device - cutouts from two plastic milk cartons - wasn’t up to the mark. I gave up on that early on but even holding the phone by hand wasn’t good.

This is what you need ,not milk cartons^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member

What phone are you using? I have heard that it works considerably better with some phones than others (mainly better with the very latest models which I guess have more sensitive accelerometers?)

I'd like to give it a go but haven't got round to sorting out my improvised sterring device for the front wheel yet!

Del C

Veteran
@bridgy

Thanks for the invites for this week's races.

I can only do Tuesday this week.

I seem to have 2 invites for Thursday, both for the same time. You may want to check it out in case the Thursday field gets split across separate invites.

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy

Thanks for the invites for this week's races.

I can only do Tuesday this week.

I seem to have 2 invites for Thursday, both for the same time. You may want to check it out in case the Thursday field gets split across separate invites.
Thanks @Del C - I checked and it looks like Thursday's meetup was duplicated for some reason. I have deleted one of them (which no one had yet accepted the invte for) and so hopefully everyone can accept the invite to the remaining one OK

Top Bottom