Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Argh, guest world has switched to Richmond :sad:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Zwift Preferences :okay:

No London for a week...and my laptop is playing up so no opportunity to Zwifthack in. Although I’m thinking If I can find a race or group ride on the London course I could sign up and start the group ride and then sneak off for the Greater London 8

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Are we allowing TT bikes for non TT races if you are doing it solo?

I dont see why not, you lose all drafting benefit, but gain aero advantage. Swings and roundabouts, with a small group.

However riding in a big pack can see substantial speed increase, The London course you could be wafted along the flat sections, then work hard in a small pack up Box Hill and regroup again to power to the line.

I checked a section of a recent event compared my solo TT against Pauls Tour of Zwift event, he was 4 mph faster ave over 1km flat section

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Updated firmware on NEO2 earlier. Gone from v0.18 to v0.32 Wonder how many extra watts that will give me :whistle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am not so worried about people drafting if they have to ride the CC series solo. After all those taking part on a Tuesday or Thursday get to draft each other as well as other riders on the course. So, as long as solo riders not taking apart in a race to get a huge benefit ( and even then I am not so fussed) I see no reason to ride a TT bike on a solo ride. My tuppence.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I am not so worried about people drafting if they have to ride the CC series solo. After all those taking part on a Tuesday or Thursday get to draft each other as well as other riders on the course. So, as long as solo riders not taking apart in a race to get a huge benefit ( and even then I am not so fussed) I see no reason to ride a TT bike on a solo ride. My tuppence.
No draft at any time cancels out any advantage I would think. Plus heavy bike to lug up a hill

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Its only like adding loads of ghosts in Bkool, no problem with it either

JuhaL

Guru
I need to start diet if i'm gonna manage better with hills. I rode SZR Summit Series (C) today and keith hill was battle against lost energy. I manage to stay in a group flat part but just barely :crazy:.

Top Bottom