Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
When I were a lad

We used to get up at 1am, work 27 hours, walk 11 miles to work and sleep with 17 brothers and sisters in a cardboard box.:tired:

My neighbour says I was so posh:wacko:

Having a cardboard box :laugh:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k

eeeh, that's luxury :smile: I used to live in a soggy paper bag in septic tank. Those were the days.

bridgy

Legendary Member
For you readers out there, I recently read "Why We Sleep" by Matthew Walker. It was a very good read and it's message was, to me anyway, very powerful. It seems sleep is a very potent force for good in our bodies. Well worth a read - I've recommended it to my wife and my girls. The conclusion is below and indicates the scale of the claims it makes.

View attachment 500460
My wife has that book and keeps telling me to read it! I haven't yet, but I will.

I've absolutely no doubt at all about the health benefits of sleep, but those are some pretty bold claims regarding life expectancy (which continues to rise in developed nations and has done since industrialisation) and it being the "greatest public health challenge" - more than caring for an ageing population (ironically)? or obesity? or climate change???

But if (as I suspect) there's some rather over dramatic claims - really common in books about health or nutrition and something that annoys me a bit - that probably doesn't take away too much from the underlying message that we should be more mindful of getting better sleep I'm sure

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve Finally got around to setting up my new toy...Tacx Neo 2. ^_^ I spent yesterday evening cleaning the chain and drive train and took a first spin this evening ...so far so good. I was previously set up on the bkool out in the garage but it seemed a shame to have this baby out there in the cold. Just need to remember to get the fan ready as the sweat was pouring even just with a short 20 minute test spin.
View attachment 500425

👍👍!

Congrats mate. Are you going to use your power meter or neo for power? Depending how much you like it I’d be tempted to carry on using the power meter if it was me. A lot of people say neo’s are sluggish to respond to power changes. It’ll be interesting if you did a comparison.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
My wife has that book and keeps telling me to read it! I haven't yet, but I will.

I've absolutely no doubt at all about the health benefits of sleep, but those are some pretty bold claims regarding life expectancy (which continues to rise in developed nations and has done since industrialisation) and it being the "greatest public health challenge" - more than caring for an ageing population (ironically)? or obesity? or climate change???

But if (as I suspect) there's some rather over dramatic claims - really common in books about health or nutrition and something that annoys me a bit - that probably doesn't take away too much from the underlying message that we should be more mindful of getting better sleep I'm sure

What’s the point of living longer if you’re asleep for the extra time! 😁

bridgy

Legendary Member
im aiming for the 7pm event as I don’t think I’ll make it back in time for the 6pm. That said if 6pm suitsyou guys better then go for it👍
Let's go for 7pm then as Ithink that suits @<Tommy> best too. I look forward to seeing you both there - and on current form, seeing you both disappear up the road too no doubt!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
👍👍!

Congrats mate. Are you going to use your power meter or neo for power? Depending how much you like it I’d be tempted to carry on using the power meter if it was me. A lot of people say neo’s are sluggish to respond to power changes. It’ll be interesting if you did a comparison.
I’m going to use the Neo for tonight’s event but I’ll dual record it using the Assioma pedal PM paired to a Garmin. I ran a short test last night and both looked very comparable but I screwed up starting the Garmin so the timings were off and hard to line up. I wonder if there is a market for a second hand Bkool trainer...hardly used, one owner from new ^_^

Top Bottom