Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tommy, everyone is different, respond to different stimulus and duration of exercise. Im just trying to follow the 'general' rules of cycle exercise.

Don't whatever you do use my regime as a template:whistle:

I had my own attempt at a zone 2 ride earlier. It was all going well until I got fed of people overtaking me about 20miles in. Must work on my discipline...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I had my own attempt at a zone 2 ride earlier. It was all going well until I got fed of people overtaking me about 20miles in. Must work on my discipline...
Ha ha, that's like me on Zwift workouts. It's not unknown for me to come out of ERG mode to be able to increase power to keep riders behind me :wacko:

Norry1

Legendary Member

Bloody hard isn't it - especially if you are a competitive type). I also find it hard going up hills, crawling speed to keep below Zone 3. I focus my competitiveness / achievement need on getting the highest % I can in Zone 2 when I study the ride afterwards :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

That's why I use TR with Zwift. I'm locked down from direct competition- though it does lift the monotony of long rides to have your avatar outrun the others:biggrin:

I'm onto recovery week of my TR 2020 plan. I will now add in weight sessions before doing it all again :ohmy: :cry:

No really its:hyper:

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
That's why I use TR with Zwift. I'm locked down from direct competition- though it does lift the monotony of long rides to have your avatar outrun the others:biggrin:

I'm onto recovery week of my TR 2020 plan. I will now add in weight sessions before doing it all again :ohmy: :cry:

No really its:hyper:
I start my base phase training tomorrow with Trainerroad. So i do my ramp test tomorrow. My goal is be a better shape when summer comes.

mjd1988

Guru
My training is a bit aimless at the moment compared to most of you guys, largely due to time constraints but I'll need to be a bit more disciplined soon. Hoping to rotate to a job soon where I will be able to commute by bike (single digit round trip) which will be good for getting a small amount of outside rides built into routine.

JuhaL

Guru
I like Trainerroads calendar, it gives you free hand to change the dates when you are free to do your workouts, that is priceless for shift workers.

BurningLegs

Veteran
My training is a bit aimless at the moment compared to most of you guys, largely due to time constraints

Same here. I think we both have young children. I assume that’s what you mean by time constraint?:laugh:

Tbh I race once a week and then normally do sweet spot up the Alpe once or twice a week. That’s it. No hope of me doing anything more structured than that for the next 12 months or more to be honest!

steverob

Guru
Stage 2 completed: 1 hr 28 mins 15 secs. Averaged 200W, which is quite nice because that's exactly what I got on Stage 1 as well!

After the discussions on here, I thought I'd try the ol' bike switcheroo at the bottom of the climb to see if it made any difference - it possibly did, but I probably didn't gain much more than I'd lost during the change (23 seconds according to Strava), so I'll leave it to you guys to decide if it was worth it. Made me *feel* faster though, and the placebo effect is usually worth a couple of watts!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’m going to miss stage 2. Too tired this morning and I thought I would get on this evening but there isn’t a group ride that I can get to until 11pm and that ain’t happening. I’ll have to wait until the catch up days :banghead:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I did a ride just under three hours and in zone 1 or zone 2. You do have to disciplined on hills and when other cyclists go past. It’s quite amusing watching them waiting for you to engage the hyper drive. But it is great staying warm enough in these terms, never working hard enough to sweat, and not needing to eat at all.

I saw a training plan that suggested three hours in zone 2 on a turbo, yeah right...

Top Bottom