Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
not Z2 as some cheeky bugger suggested either šŸ˜
Would be much nicer to do it outside but I donā€™t mind 2-3 hour sessions. Bottle of water, with a tab and a bar kept me going while I kept one eye on where I was in the pack and the other on a film, a classic, Internal Affairs. Much nicer than watching out for Saturday morning car drivers in suburban London.
Anyway, there are faster ZHR group Audax rides and I will try the c/b in a few weeks. The stated speed is often disrupted and faster because of riders joining and hitting the gas for an hour or so before leaving.
yep thats the one i joined yesterday, was too fast for me, cant hold 3w/kg for 3 hours :wacko:

peterob

Veteran
League updated with the Stage 4 results to date. Still a few that need to complete the stage today (or on catchup). I'm planning on giving it a crack at 5pm.

At the pointy end of proceedings, @<Tommy> and @Milzy continue their strong form and it looks a good bet for a fresh winner this month. In the C's, a strong ride from @BurningLegs has @Whorty worried, and a close battle looks set there too :boxing:

As always, let me know if I've missed you off.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I made my contribution to base training this afternoon.

63.4 miles at 2.5w/Kg advertised pace, although often a bit above that. Feeling a little tired after that!

I notice @Brendan Parker did 56 miles on an Audax ride today and I think @bobinski did just over 60 miles an Audax ride yesterday.

That was my longest ride on Zwift. Thought I might cramp towards the end but got past it.

I've not been outside much since my September trip to the Alps and I think I need to start putting in some longer rides to build a bit more endurance before I head off to Spain in May
I saw that ride ... I was pleased with my 1:50 time at an average of 195 watts, until I saw you had the same ave power for an hour longer :notworthy: Very impressive effort.

Whorty

League updated with the Stage 4 results to date. Still a few that need to complete the stage today (or on catchup). I'm planning on giving it a crack at 5pm.

At the pointy end of proceedings, @<Tommy> and @Milzy continue their strong form and it looks a good bet for a fresh winner this month. In the C's, a strong ride from @BurningLegs has @Whorty worried, and a close battle looks set there too :boxing:

As always, let me know if I've missed you off.
View attachment 502200
I'm resigned to the fact that when Nick completes stage 3 he'll shoot ahead by a good few minutes. I can't compete against his climbing legs :surrender:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think thatā€™s a Strava premium feature but you can get your power curve on Zwiftpower - go to your profile page and thereā€™s a tab titled ā€œPowerā€ funnily enough and the data is there. Going by mine Iā€™ll revise down my estimate from 5 minutes to 1-1/2mins :laugh:

Problem with the ZP Curve is it only gives last 3 months I think. Still gives a good indication. I got mine from Strava but also have it on Today's Plan.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I felt i had to do a long one yesterday as my RW ride got aborted on Saturday after a complete puncture fest. zwift hours seem to be triple RW hours in the saddle :eek:

I had my first puncture in ages on Saturday in @berty bassett territory. I dropped my wife at a Dog Training (Scent Detectives) Course in Blisworth and did 3 hours in the wilds of Northamptonshire. Back wheel hit a big pothole and got a pinch flat.

Whorty

Problem with the ZP Curve is it only gives last 3 months I think. Still gives a good indication. I got mine from Strava but also have it on Today's Plan.
ZP only shows races or tour rides too - it doesn't show normal zwift rides

Last edited:
I had my first puncture in ages on Saturday in @berty bassett territory. I dropped my wife at a Dog Training (Scent Detectives) Course in Blisworth and did 3 hours in the wilds of Northamptonshire. Back wheel hit a big pothole and got a pinch flat.

I have been staying away from the puncture fairy for a good while considering the awful roads around my way. However after the second on the same wheel it was clear something was wrong with my tyre. Completely removed tyre to try and find out and was a piece of thin wire. Wasnā€™t sure if from a car or part of the tyre??? Do bike tyres even have wire in?? Thought I had it out. Sanded down a bit and put a patch over, new tube and off again, all good until the cafe stop came out after my poached eggs and coffee to a flat tyre and that was me done so stayed in the cafe for more coffee while I awaited the support vehicle (the wife ) I couldnā€™t be dealing with that for another 30 miles so gave in. New tyres needed.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I dont venture outside in the UK during winter, but I do run tubeless. I often arrive back home with the telltale weep from a thorn/flint puncture. I doesn't interrupt the ride^_^

I agree with indoor riding done non stop pedalling is more strenuous than outdoors.

Last edited:
I dont venture outside in the UK during winter, but I do run tubeless. I often arrive back home with the telltale weep from a thorn/flint puncture. I doesn't interrupt the ride^_^
don't even get me started on that crap :laugh: tried tubeless and had an absolute mare outside with that as got a big split that wouldn't seal, so had to try and get a tube in after that crap all over me and my bike :blush:, then struggled to get the tyre back on with a tube in and that's where my tubless saga ended.:laugh::laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
That's one reason why I'm definitely not going tubeless for a while. Almost all my riding is indoors and I have a wheel on trainer so any problems indoors could well damage my trainer with the fluid working into it. Not worth the risk in my opinion!

If I had a second bike for outdoors then I'd go tubeless on that I think.

Whorty

That's one reason why I'm definitely not going tubeless for a while. Almost all my riding is indoors and I have a wheel on trainer so any problems indoors could well damage my trainer with the fluid working into it. Not worth the risk in my opinion!

If I had a second bike for outdoors then I'd go tubeless on that I think.
Sounds like you're needing an N+1 solution :laugh:

Signed up for the ZHR Handicap race this morning Greatest London Loop ,did a good warm up and got on the line 15m to go,10 seconds on the timer and the power is building ,everything goes black ,bloody power cut that lasts 5 minsā˜¹ļøšŸ¤šŸ¤ā˜¹ļø Off the trainer and in the shower ,going to wash and hover the car for my trip to Gosport for a long weekend to see my brother

steverob

Guru
Against my better judgement I did the 2pm TdZ stage despite feeling grotty.
Stage time: 1:08:22. Going by the Zwift insider verified segment for the climb: 16:47 on the first attempt, 17:51 on the second.
Does that make it 3 of the 4 stages you've done so far? In which case I think you should definitely join the league, as at least half of the other riders (myself included) have missed at least one stage so far, so it's not like you're on your own there. Plus we're always happy to see more riders in the D category - sometimes there's only been one or two of us in previous leagues, so to get five would be a welcome bit of competition.

Top Bottom