Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, I do- I have been keeping it in reserve just in case the bike failed.
This fella might be interested in it
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/is-a-wattbike-worth-the-money.263779/post-6053311

Send him a PM:okay:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’m glad and a bit relieved you think I helped to be honest because when I dropped back from the group and tried to sit in front of you to pull I wasn’t sure if I was helping or hindering you. And it kind of buggered up my rhythm stopping and starting so it left me dead!

Well done amigo you deserved it 👍. I only did a couple of the races with you but I think you rode the races very nice controlled all the way.
It helped a huge amount despite the fact you were putting out huge watts - you gave me a something to chase. As well as the thought that you had eased off and given up your own chances of Podium to help made me more determined to hold your wheel and keep going as I was ready to sit up and give in.
You’ll stand a great chance in of winning the next league 👍

Joffey

Big Dosser
Was talking to @Ketty last night and we both were unsure what's going on now with our race nights now. Do we still need to do a couple of laps of Tick Tock?

And in other news is there a website that tells you what race leagues / series are about to start? I could do with another one now DBR has stopped.

Many thanks!!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Was talking to @Ketty last night and we both were unsure what's going on now with our race nights now. Do we still need to do a couple of laps of Tick Tock?

And in other news is there a website that tells you what race leagues / series are about to start? I could do with another one now DBR has stopped.

Many thanks!!
It's all a bit fluid .... I think it was left that @<Tommy> was going to call the day of the rides (same each week) and a time slot, then as that day approaches the most appropriate organised race would be selected.

I think the day was going to be Friday, and I think the time will be something like 18:30 to 19:30 depending on races available to jump on to.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's all a bit fluid .... I think it was left that @<Tommy> was going to call the day of the rides (same each week) and a time slot, then as that day approaches the most appropriate organised race would be selected.

I think the day was going to be Friday, and I think the time will be something like 18:30 to 19:30 depending on races available to jump on to.

Back that truck up Mr! :stop:😄

I said I don’t mind setting the handicaps but we haven’t settled on a day or time. I suggested that we agree to do the races either weekly or every two weeks at the same time so everyone knows when they are and we don’t have to keep on seeing who can race when.

@IrishAl has agreed to pick courses and be in charge of promotions 😄. But doesn’t want to be chasing people to commit to times which is fair enough. I think it’s just easier if it’s same day every time and then it’s in everyone’s calendar and everyone knows where they sated.

Maybe if someone sets up one of those polls (which I have no idea how to set up!) we could ask some basic questions.

1. once a week, or once every two weeks, other (?)
2 18:00 - 19:00 or 18:30-19:30 window
3 Day of week preference (I know some people are saying Friday is good but I think picking Friday might put people off in the long run maybe? Dunno...
4 Anything else that’s relevant?

Can someone set that up?

I think once a fortnight same time on the same day chosen gives people enough time to organise there time so we get the most competitor's and no changes made apart from the actual race details

steverob

Guru

Many thanks!!
Well I'm going to do one of the Bolt Racing League events this week, either the TT at 19:35 on Wednesday or the Crit race at 20:20 on Thursday. My preference was originally for the TT league, but the course this week is horrible and also if I end up having to go back to the office any time soon (rather than working from home as I currently am), the Thursday race would suit me better in terms of timing. Still deciding which one to do - may wait to see if any other CC'ers are interested before picking.

Then depending on how that goes, I might then join the rest of the series if it's any good - this week is the 2nd week, but it looks like they disregard your one worst result anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
I’ve sometimes wished it was possible to do a custom workout in the pen as a warm up (currently guesswork for me).

No need now, because you can leave the pen to do the workout and then re-enter in the same position!

steverob

Guru
That might explain why sometimes when I do join a pen fairly early, it shows 7-8 riders already there according to the numbers in the top corner, but I only see one or two avatars (and myself), plus there are big gaps between us all on the front row - the other riders have logged in, got their place and then buggered off to do a proper warm-up ride!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It helped a huge amount despite the fact you were putting out huge watts - you gave me a something to chase. As well as the thought that you had eased off and given up your own chances of Podium to help made me more determined to hold your wheel and keep going as I was ready to sit up and give in.
You’ll stand a great chance in of winning the next league 👍
Since when have we started giving compliments! It’s a slippery slope - is it going to be like football and we start snogging each other for not falling off ?
I like the old way
Bet he was sandbagging in b

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Cyclechat Survey of the month

Your wish is my command Chairman Meoww...
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RN735X9

survey to get a handle on how often, and when, and a bonus question on what style of race.

can everyone complete this please. The question 2 on when suits - mark down all the days and start time windows that suit I.e. if start time window is 5-6 that means race could start as early as 5 or late as 6...so race may not finish until 7. Hope that’s clear as mud.

Top Bottom