Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Chaps myself and lee (hopefully bob and bridgy too) are going to girona 23rd October-29th October (Autumn half term for lots of schools). I have a friend who’s joining us, went last year, and describes it as a cycling Mecca. Lots of the pros live and train around there because of the weather, the great roads and climbs. As with ventoux you’re all more than welcome to join us. It’s great having something to look forward to at the moment and I know it’ll be lots of fun and laughs.

Flight to and from London is around £200 to Barcelona. Then a short journey to girona by train. Hotel is around £470 with breakfast. So maybe £900 ish all in for the trip.

Because we’re all staying in a hotel it’s very easy to add more people and people can muck about with dates and times that suit them. So if any of you wanted to invite non cc friends along it’s very easy to a accommodate them too.

Very jealous. Like Andy I unfortunately have lots of excuses not to go but having a baby is still the go to one!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Tuesdays CycleChat Race

Here are all the details for our ‘private’ cycle chat race. This race will be all start together on standard road bikes.
🧿Sign on at - https://www.zwift.com/events/view/948635
🧿Race Type: Standard road race. All start together after set time dealt First to the line wins. Results in Zwiftpower.
🧿Everyone should enter the B pen (per the race organisers rules so no fear of being called a sandbagger)
🧿We all wait for 5 minutes until me or Tommy give the go for a neutralised roll out for 1.6km or 1 mile.
🧿Event starts 6:30pm so we will be off at 6:35pm after the 5 minute wait.
🧿Tommy or me will give the “race go” message after the roll out distance.
🧿Gentleman’s rule should be no immediate attacks - to prevent me or tommy having an advantage or catching someone off guard.
🧿Anyone who misses the start can try and catch up but the group won’t wait.
🧿Any false starts and the rider can wait provided they are within sight of the start pen.
🧿Blatant cheating will be given the traditional CycleChat treatment!

Sounds like a good laugh this but sadly I'm one of the peeps who can't make Tuesday nights usually. Have a good one y'all and hopefully I'll be right for the TT :okay:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Oh, whilst I'm on I should tell you that it's @Ketty's 40th birthday today!!! :hyper:

Me and a couple of the lads paid for a personalised video from Naked Martin for him as a little present. If you haven't heard of Naked Martin he does have a website that is available through a quick Google search... but maybe make sure folk under 18 aren't looking.

Anyway, happy 40th Tim, I just hope you remember mine in February :okay::laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Some friends visited today for a socially distanced picnic with the wife and me. Amongst other conversations, our friends reckoned I looked like I'd lost at least a stone since they saw us last. I've actually lost 1 kg according to my scales .... but I'm assuming my scales must be out, and our friends are spot on, so I think I need to drop another 6kg from my Zwift weight :laugh:

Anyone have an issue with this :tongue:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty - did you notice many free watts when you got your bike back from service ?
No - zero - I was robbed!!!! Pedaling is definitely smoother, no 'clunking' of BB and the guys cleaned the bike so plenty positives ... watts wasn't one of them :laugh: I need to index the gears as they slip quite a bit - new chain probably caused this?

BurningLegs

Veteran
missus has just surprised me with a holiday up yorkshire in six weeks - anyone know of some must do rides around the darlington area (biggest place near where we are going just to help )
Lucky you! I was up there for the worlds last year and there’s lots of fantastic riding available. A couple of nice climbs in the worlds circuit - not sure how far the Harrogate area is from Darlington, though.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
No - zero - I was robbed!!!! Pedaling is definitely smoother, no 'clunking' of BB and the guys cleaned the bike so plenty positives ... watts wasn't one of them :laugh: I need to index the gears as they slip quite a bit - new chain probably caused this?
that surprises me - thought you would get some benefit
youtube indexing , that will help - if you can get top and bottom gears then it should only be fine tuning

Joffey

Big Dosser
missus has just surprised me with a holiday up yorkshire in six weeks - anyone know of some must do rides around the darlington area (biggest place near where we are going just to help )

I'm 20 mins away from Darlington. Depends what you mean by 'must do' rides! There are a fair few '100 Climbs' near us that you could tackle? Or alternatively ride some of the 2014 TdF route or many of the TdY routes that have snaked around and past us.

Let me know what you fancy and I'll try and help out.

(PS Don't be telling folk Darlington is in Yorkshire, it's in County Durham :eek:)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I'm 20 mins away from Darlington. Depends what you mean by 'must do' rides! There are a fair few '100 Climbs' near us that you could tackle? Or alternatively ride some of the 2014 TdF route or many of the TdY routes that have snaked around and past us.

Let me know what you fancy and I'll try and help out.

(PS Don't be telling folk Darlington is in Yorkshire, it's in County Durham :eek:)
oops - actually going Great Ayton - well just outside the village on the edge of the moors , wouldnt mind tackling some of the climbs so any help would be appreciated - just about to start googling stuff now :okay:

edited -- rosedale chimney ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don’t think it’ll be the chain itself. Did he replace the rear cassette? Did he replace the gear cables?

Top Bottom