Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alongo

Guru
I thought the start of that went pretty smoothly , made a nice start where everyone together for a while .
Filtered out into a group of about eight which became six as @berty bassett and @Tommy broke off the front. Nice pace going on with @IrishAl encouraging us to work well together to pull the breakaway back , I was on my limit and just about holding on to the group. When we got to the second KOM we split up and I rode it pretty much on my own. Tagged onto an army guy for last couple of kms and didn’t bother with a sprint. Kudos to Tommy and Lee as Zwift power has them upgraded , if that includes the five minute wait as well it’s impressive . Good race , enjoyed it , maybe 5- 8 km too long for a school night .
Well done everyone 👍.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Had a bit of everything in the end didn’t it?! I’ve felt tired for the last week or so to be honest so I really didn’t fancy putting in a result. But I just managed to keep chugging away. First me, Michael and bridgy tried to attack. Then lee and me got away only to be caught at the second hill. I could see you guys slowly gaining on us all taking turns. I was hoping alan and bridgy would get isolated like me and lee were, but I could see bob and andy putting in big turns on the front, so I was expecting to get gulped up!

Thought it was anyone’s game going onto that last climb. Andy stacked the front. Bridgy looked bloody strong. Bob and Alan too. No idea who has what left in the tank but I assumed me and lee weren’t favourites at that point. Then we just about managed to get over the final climb first and hang on till the end. That hill just goes on and on and on... I think everyone was feeling the same going up it judging from all the groaning 😄

Well done though everyone. That was bloody tough with those two climbs. We’ll all be stronger for it though promise! 😬

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It kind of worked right?

Maybe a bit of interference from the race proper that we could try to avoid better in the future. longer wait at the start of 1 lap races maybe? Maybe on reflection the course a little too long too...But the banter at the start and all rolling along together was really cool I thought.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Hopefully I haven’t missed anybody?

PosNameTimePavPav
1Thomas Burton ZSUNR ZSUNR01:14:483.8w/kg289w
2lee marshall (ZSUNR - Red Giants)ZSUNR01:14:493.9w/kg246w
3Paul Bridgman (ZSUNR - Meteors) ZSUNR1:15:12
+10:40
3.6w/kg273w
4Andy LongCycleChat1:16:18
+11:46
3.3w/kg234w
5robert dynowski (ZSUNR - Mercury )ZSUNR1:17:43
+13:11
3.3w/kg234w
6Alan Campbell (IRL) 🔰CycleChat1:18:18
+13:46
3.2w/kg245w
7Peter RobinsonCycleChat1:21:54
+17:23
3.0w/kg233w
8Derek Cobb (Wanderers)WTRL1:21:54
+17:23
3.1w/kg225w
9Brendan Parker (BRT Tequilla Chasers)BRT1:21:55
+17:24
2.9w/kg234w
10Carl WhortonCycleChat1:23:17
+18:45
2.8w/kg206w
11Ian Sparrow CycleChat1:27:39
+23:08
2.7w/kg215w
12Joff FirbyCycleChat1:32:59
+28:28
2.2w/kg226w

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

Pic of the different jerseys of Team CycleChat during the roll out...... The only time I saw them, except @Joffey - nice riding with you... 👍

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for the company @peterob :okay: Very much appreciated. My last bit of energy was to try and get us to the wheels of the army guys to give you someone to chase - I was suffering big time by then. Great climbing to pull back Del and Brendan who seemed to be working well together and having a good ride :notworthy:

Well done all, and thanks Tommy and Al for organising.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It kind of worked right?

Maybe a bit of interference from the race proper that we could try to avoid better in the future. longer wait at the start of 1 lap races maybe? Maybe on reflection the course a little too long too...But the banter at the start and all rolling along together was really cool I thought.
Spot on from me. It’s easiest way to race for now I think.
it was also a great race. Roll out fun and banter- full 😁 Length spot on- I think it does us all good to go over the hour.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
View attachment 536031

Pic of the different jerseys of Team CycleChat during the roll out...... The only time I saw them, except @Joffey - nice riding with you... 👍
May not be any consolation but I had 2 very lonely climbs of the volcano :laugh: Just a case of head down and keep turning the pedals :sweat: Didn't feel I had the legs to try and hang on to the climb tonight - 5 rides in 6 days probably took a little out of me :B)

mjd1988

Guru
I agree with what's been said. The roll out is a great idea, good chance for a bit of banter and allow us all to ride together for a bit. Would be great to get a few more cs and D's to make sure no one is too isolated.

Sounds like it was more exciting than most races on zwift as well. When I get a chance must look at my power numbers from Strava.

Well done @<Tommy> !

Spartak