Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’m racing tonight in the 3R Sundown. I see Brendan and Paul signed up so I’ll be out to gain another few seconds back. The WTRL league sounds good doesn’t it. It will be interesting to see how the promotion relegation works and if/how the larger race teams can have more than 1 team take part.

Alongo

Guru
Looking forward to tomorrow's stage of the Tour, last mountain top group finish and the Col de la Loze is a monster , 21 1/2 km @ 7.8 % with 18% and 24% in last couple of kms.
I'm enjoying how aggressive Podgacar is riding and have a feeling he'll be pushing Roglic right to the end. He's my favourite to win, just because I had a little spin on the Worlds course the day before the mens road race and he came past me ^_^
20200915_165513.jpg

I’m racing tonight in the 3R Sundown. I see Brendan and Paul signed up so I’ll be out to gain another few seconds back. The WTRL league sounds good doesn’t it. It will be interesting to see how the promotion relegation works and if/how the larger race teams can have more than 1 team take part.
Bad bad night at the races for me. Had a few too many beers Sunday and still feeling it today. HR through the roof and not going anywhere 😂

steverob

Guru
Plan tonight was just to hold on to a group (any group!) as far as the second attempt at the KOM and I did manage to do that - group of about 10 riders, probably about the 4th or 5th on the road, but I had nothing left in the tank when I got there and got dropped like a stone. But we'd built up enough of a lead over anyone behind us that, excluding three riders who all weren't in the ZP final results anyway, no-one else managed to overtake me between there and the finish and I still got a PR for the course overall, so it can't be that bad.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tough old race tonight. I got dropped from the front group on the second time up the KOM, but just about stayed away from a large chase group with a small bunch of others. Seen an ex-A rider (@<Tommy> ahemJ in the front but he seemed to be managing his power to avoid an immediate category upgrade 🧐😃

Ha I wish!

It was pretty frustrating falling off the back of the pack the way I did up the climb. I just didn’t have it. Riding relatively long rides outside on the weekends I seem to struggle to recover. Maybe I could be stretching more or something but I just think generally I’m pretty crap at recovering. I tried to do a long slow warm up to loosen up a tight hamstring but it just wasn’t there tonight. It’s a shame really because it’s a series heavily populated by zsun riders so it’s nice when you stick it on them! In the nicest possible way of course! And I don’t normally get dropped on those short hills. But I think I’ll have to try and aim to race later in the week so long as I’m riding outside because it doesn’t work for me.

How did you find the pace? I was surprised it wasn’t stronger to be honest. Which makes it even more a young getting dropped.

JLaw

Veteran
Well I won... But the 🏆 gravy train has come to an abrupt stop.

View attachment 545984

It's finally caught up with me! :laugh: I knew within the first few miles that this would be my last ride in D as a B & C took off at the front up the climbs. I could have let them go but I didn't want to hold back and stay in D for the sake of it.

Got dropped after the 1st KOM and rode the rest of the race at an easy pace on my own but the damage had been done. ON the plus side there is lots more to give and I got a new FTP of 268.

So, sorry C's, you got me for the next few months! :laugh:

It hasn't been a bad run - 24 podiums including 15 wins - now I start again. Quite a good time to do it actually with the autumn coming in. I might be able to come out of winter with a few decent C finishes.

I'd have come 42nd out of 54 tonight in C so hopefully I won't be starting totally at the back!

Anyway, that's my sob story... how did everyone else get on?
Congrats on the upgrade! Maybe we can work together in the new swift series...

JLaw

Veteran
So @Joffey, will you still be entering the DBR series in C? I only ask because I'm in the C cat for the Sundowner series on Tuesday nights and would certainly welcome the company! Maybe not tonight's race, as you'll be knackered from yesterday's exploits, but next week onwards?
What's the schedule, I might be able to make some. I thoroughly enjoyed the dbr series last time around...

JLaw

Veteran
Have any of you followed the Zwift Academy training plan? I’m just thinking it might be an idea for some structured training . I see they have an Irish coaching company (Dig Deep Coaching) designing the plan this year who themselves have been using Zwift quite a lot with their own race team.
Yes. I had good success with it, particularly with the 2018 version, restarting after a couple months off. Definitely recommend.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Congrats on the upgrade! Maybe we can work together in the new swift series...

Happy to do this when I'm free :okay: With the nice weather we are experiencing overindulged Blighty atm I'm not getting on Zwift as often as I'd like but I'm sure the weather will turn for the worst soon.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Had a bit of a nightmare race last night which was disappointing. Hit the first climb hard like everyone else but my left calf started to cramp towards the top so had to back off and lost touch with the front group. Then I was basically nursing my leg through the rest of the race with it threatening to completely cramp up every time I tried to push hard. Oh well, that'll teach me to do a run (for the first time in a few months) the night before a hard race I guess :rolleyes:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
How did you find the pace? I was surprised it wasn’t stronger to be honest. Which makes it even more a young getting dropped.
I’d agree that The pace on the flat was relatively tame. I think everyone knew the 2 climbs would be decisive. Once we got over the first climb (and I just about made it with the front) the pace was fairly calm again.
I was disappointed as well to get dropped. It’s always the same for me on those steeper climbs as I find myself sliding backwards early on. I can hold a decent wattage but for some reason I’m always on the back foot trying to stay with the front. The only consolation have is putting a minute into @bridgy in the GC race 😃

bridgy

Legendary Member
I’d agree that The pace on the flat was relatively tame. I think everyone knew the 2 climbs would be decisive. Once we got over the first climb (and I just about made it with the front) the pace was fairly calm again.
I was disappointed as well to get dropped. It’s always the same for me on those steeper climbs as I find myself sliding backwards early on. I can hold a decent wattage but for some reason I’m always on the back foot trying to stay with the front. The only consolation have is putting a minute into @bridgy in the GC race 😃
:reading:

Top Bottom