Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
We were racing in the Mocha category and in the Zone 4 results page on Zwiftpower we're the second fastest team.... But not sure how the final positions are calculated...?
The final results are usually on the www.wtrl.racing Website and on their Facebook page once all time zones are completed. It is Usually Friday morning before everything is sorted. Sounds like a solid performance nonetheless.

steverob

Guru
Well I've had a mixture of good and bad news today at work. It was my "week" in the office (actually Thursday through Tuesday but whatever) as part of the company's plan to get people back in on a rota basis. However this afternoon we had an all user e-mail go round from HR saying that someone who was in last week has tested positive. While his desk is nowhere near mine and it's been two days since he was in, they told anyone on our floor to go home immediately so they could start deep cleaning the areas he was known to have been.

So for the next few days at least, I'm back to working from home again. Which means I will be able to do the Innsbruck KOM stage after all!

Hold on, now that I think of it, that's bad news and BAD news...

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Well I've had a mixture of good and bad news today at work. It was my "week" in the office (actually Thursday through Tuesday but whatever) as part of the company's plan to get people back in on a rota basis. However this afternoon we had an all user e-mail go round from HR saying that someone who was in last week has tested positive. While his desk is nowhere near mine and it's been two days since he was in, they told anyone on our floor to go home immediately so they could start deep cleaning the areas he was known to have been.

So for the next few days at least, I'm back to working from home again. Which means I will be able to do the Innsbruck KOM stage after all!

It is strange times isn’t it. I have been back in the office full time since late July, but on Wednesday we were told To revert back to working from home. I’ve mixed feelings as I don’t miss my commute (drive) but I cycle in once or twice a week which I will miss. Looks like this uncertainty will go on for the foreseeable and I’m lucky my work can continue and be done remotely.

Joffey

Big Dosser

How come you aren't working from home already if you can? Just wondering - tell me to mind my own business too lol ^_^ I just thought we'd all be reverting back to homeworking now if we could.

Hope the outbreak at your work isn't a bad one :okay:

Del C

Veteran
Here you go @Spartak

You were riding in Latte class, so one level up from Mocha that you thought you were in. You finished 126 out of 139, not bad for a first time out. If you sign up on the WTRL website you’ll get a log in and you’ll be able to see the results as they come in. As @IrishAl said, they aren’t finalised until Friday as there are later zones that pick up teams in the US that don’t complete until the the middle of the night UK/Ireland time.

I didn’t ride last night. Sinus trouble still hasn’t fully cleared and a TTT was unlikely to make it better!

DF263464-E4D0-4925-BBDC-9AEFB0D9FB0D.jpeg

steverob

Guru
How come you aren't working from home already if you can? Just wondering - tell me to mind my own business too lol ^_^ I just thought we'd all be reverting back to homeworking now if we could.

Hope the outbreak at your work isn't a bad one :okay:
Have been working from home pretty much from end of March to now - it's an IT job where most of the work can be done remotely, but there are certain hardware tasks that do need some hands-on, so I've had the odd day back in the office in the past two months.

Now the company I work at (not actually my employer - I'm a third party there) has been pushing to get more of their staff back on-site for the last two months and the more of them who come in, the more likely it is that our team has to come in as well (or at least one of us) to support them. Week before last they moved to a 25% of staff rota to come in (the office layout had been re-organised to make it Covid "safe" back in July), so we started matching that and these upcoming days were mine to cover.

When Tuesday evening's announcement was made about working from home again, it took their HR a little time to react (mainly I think because they'd already started on plans to go up to 33% or even 50% rotas and didn't fancy undoing their work), but eventually they announced that they'd go back to the voluntary attendance at the office scheme that it had been previously. By then I'd already bought my train ticket for Thursday, plus I had a number of on-site jobs to do that I'd been storing up for my next visit, so thought that I'd go in regardless and wait and see what the workload was like before deciding about Fri, Mon, Tues.

But that's a moot point now - been told officially to work from home for the forseeable, so will be following orders! It does mean no more Santander Cycle rides through London in order to avoid the tube for the last part of my commute though.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Have been working from home pretty much from end of March to now - it's an IT job where most of the work can be done remotely, but there are certain hardware tasks that do need some hands-on, so I've had the odd day back in the office in the past two months.

Now the company I work at (not actually my employer - I'm a third party there) has been pushing to get more of their staff back on-site for the last two months and the more of them who come in, the more likely it is that our team has to come in as well (or at least one of us) to support them. Week before last they moved to a 25% of staff rota to come in (the office layout had been re-organised to make it Covid "safe" back in July), so we started matching that and these upcoming days were mine to cover.

When Tuesday evening's announcement was made about working from home again, it took their HR a little time to react (mainly I think because they'd already started on plans to go up to 33% or even 50% rotas and didn't fancy undoing their work), but eventually they announced that they'd go back to the voluntary attendance at the office scheme that it had been previously. By then I'd already bought my train ticket for Thursday, plus I had a number of on-site jobs to do that I'd been storing up for my next visit, so thought that I'd go in regardless and wait and see what the workload was like before deciding about Fri, Mon, Tues.

But that's a moot point now - been told officially to work from home for the forseeable, so will be following orders! It does mean no more Santander Cycle rides through London in order to avoid the tube for the last part of my commute though.

London is on the watch list now so you are better off away from it :okay:

Good to see you in the Greater London 8 Hilly Race this lunch time @Brendan Parker :okay:

Didn't see you on the road but seeing you on the leaderboard kept me motivated to keep pushing up the hill and on to the end :laugh:
I didn’t even notice you on the road until near the end mate and I was done. No chance of catching you. I kept in a good group until box hill then it started going backwards. Still happy with the result overall.

Spartak