Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
https://zwiftinsider.com/zrl-2-tips/

Essential reading for those of us who haven't done TTTs

I said the other night that the fastest TTT I have done was with a team that rotated us 1 through 8 at the call of the captain, 30s to a minute at front at 4.5w/k. I was the worse one holding the line because I wasn’t used to the discipline. They were super impressive. As we will all be on Tuesday👍

bridgy

Legendary Member
I said the other night that the fastest TTT I have done was with a team that rotated us 1 through 8 at the call of the captain, 30s to a minute at front at 4.5w/k. I was the worse one holding the line because I wasn’t used to the discipline. They were super impressive. As we will all be on Tuesday👍
I've never ridden in a TTT that's managed to be as disciplined as that for more than a few minutes! Often the problem is that there's a mix of abilities so some riders stronger than others, and the stronger riders end up doing more whilst the less strong riders get knackered even in the draft!

Communication is key though - get on zwift early and make sure discord is working for everyone. Makes a huge difference in TTT'S

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Below I just copy pasted a bit I find particularly interesting. There’s lots of other good tips though. The bit about a pace line being better than a blob is interesting. Although I think it’s most likely also a bit of an art to nail that one down.

But testing (once again… Eric does the science here!) shows that a single-file paceline formation is significantly more efficient in Zwift than a small blob. My experience shows that if the front of the chain is pulling at 4 w/k, the 6th man will be ‘resting’ at around 2.5 w/k. The trick is to manage your effort… which is why we pull short turns of 20-30 seconds above threshold before falling back and “resting” at/around sweetspot. Done well, your team will move at a pace significantly higher than you could possibly achieve otherwise. My latte team (basically a C team) moves at a consistent 4 w/k on the front.

WLzNLy_aJnXt5hNVF4JmCCq5o1kY2irtX3Wsl0Y9Z1vJLa5IeK.jpg

In a paceline, situational awareness is the most important factor – know who is in front of you and who is behind you. Stay in the draft of the person in front – but be aware if a split is forming behind. When you are on the front you are expected to maintain race-pace (either w/k or kph), and when your turn is done – drift back. As the person ahead of you moves up the line be aware you will need to step up power ½ w/k. Be aware… this won’t work without some form of team communications.
As a team rider your job boils down to the following:
  • Hold the line in front of you. Don’t drop back more than 5M… don’t surge ahead.
  • While on the front maintain the target speed as long as you can knowing this is a sustained race – 20 seconds is perfect.
  • When your turn is done soft-pedal for a few seconds and allow your avatar to drift back. Pay attention as you drift – coast for too long and you will be spat out the back.
  • When on the back rest…
  • As you move up the line listen for the front-rider’s count… when they finish their turn, step up your pace just a little
And thats it. Now you can TTT with the best!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Slightly more rustic, with open fields and camping. lovely country lanes all the way down to Berty's neck of the woods:okay:.

Wife does a decent fry up :biggrin:
Camping/cycling weekend next summer at Andy's - yay :hyper:

JuhaL

Guru
😄

Thanks juhal. I know you’re more of a whiskey man, but I can strongly recommend jalapeño margarita! 41, how depressing...
Never been excited about cocktails but i never say no when somebody offer a drink. I was start to hesitate with my message and delete it, wondering that no one didn't respond it, thought that i was wrong after all :blush:.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
https://zwiftinsider.com/zrl-2-tips/

Essential reading for those of us who haven't done TTTs

Sharing some ideas ahead of Tuesday...
  1. recommend we all wear different kits so we can tell who’s who.
  2. we need to sort out discord for this one for sure. Alternatively we should use a whatsapp group call...the TTTs we did when one or two riders weren’t on discord showed how uncoordinated we quickly become when one person isn’t in sync with the others
  3. let’s aim to do a paceline rather than a blob - knowing who is pulling on front and for how long will be key - hence the importance of the communications
  4. id go for the 30 second turns on the front. Personally much longer and I’m blowing out my arse.
This bit of the write up sums it up nicely...

9BF8F237-B748-4630-BAA4-CB522D96E367.jpeg

Top Bottom