Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dGlXEQZ44

Some really great moments for the team on this one.
  • Post-steamroller surge on the first lap, there's a (brief) moment where Jeff is 2nd and I'm 6th. He managed to hang on to get sprint points - me, not so much (think I crossed the line 18th).
  • Then at about the 37 minute mark, out of a group of ten riders, four of them are from CCC - quite the team presence! In fact I think at this point we might still have been the second group on the road - the front group ahead did eventually splinter into lots of mini-groups before the end though.
  • And finally, despite being dropped on the last lap, I did team up with one other rider to get to the finish, then when he attacked coming out the underwater tunnel, I kept him just close enough that I could still overhaul him in the sprint to the line!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Special well done to Ketty making his #23 bow last night. Thanks for stepping up mate. I’ve no doubt you’re going to get stronger and stronger. The course last night wasn’t your natural hunting ground it’s fair to say, and you held your own with great aplomb 👍👍

bridgy

Legendary Member
Results on WTRL look to have been finalised - really solid results from all 3 of our teams.

Team CCC - 9th on the stage, leaving them 9th in their league (but equal on points to 7th and 8th place)

Team #68 - 5th on stage, leaving them 4th in their league

Team #23 - 5th on stage, leaving them 5th in their league (but equal on points to 4th place)

Keep it up guys :thumbsup:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Results on WTRL look to have been finalised - really solid results from all 3 of our teams.

Team CCC - 9th on the stage, leaving them 9th in their league (but equal on points to 7th and 8th place)

Team #23 - 5th on stage, leaving them 5th in their league (but equal on points to 4th place)

STRONG results :boxing::okay:

mjd1988

Guru

Great showing all round

The 3 teams in front of us are all joint first so should be an interesting league!

Del C

Veteran
@Del C, no race report this week bud?

:popcorn:
Didn't race this week.

DS duties again, so I was watching 2 of our guys in the front group along with @bridgy and @peterob

That was an unexpectedly tough course, but really it was the dirt run in to the sprint, coupled with the steamroller power up that made it tough. Nowhere to recover after the sprint either, with that downhill dip and slight kicker to cope with. Was quite happy to be in the team car last night!

I've seen a few comments that the steamroller power up was just too generous in terms of power and length of time. I think that's probably fair comment. One of our guys ended up in the second group. He won the bunch sprint in that group, but I think he got dropped just because he had no steamroller on lap 1. He was placing top 10 regularly last season. I was really surprised when he got gapped.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Didn't race this week.

DS duties again, so I was watching 2 of our guys in the front group along with @bridgy and @peterob

That was an unexpectedly tough course, but really it was the dirt run in to the sprint, coupled with the steamroller power up that made it tough. Nowhere to recover after the sprint either, with that downhill dip and slight kicker to cope with. Was quite happy to be in the team car last night!

I've seen a few comments that the steamroller power up was just too generous in terms of power and length of time. I think that's probably fair comment. One of our guys ended up in the second group. He won the bunch sprint in that group, but I think he got dropped just because he had no steamroller on lap 1. He was placing top 10 regularly last season. I was really surprised when he got gapped.
I was in that group with him, and had the same issue on lap one. I was caught out by just how easy it seemed to gap the group up that gravel climb with a steamroller. I tried hard to get back in after responding a bit too slow, but didn't make it in.

He probably didn't like the way I was riding in the second group - I am not a sprinter so was focused on trying to reduce the size of that group as much as possible on the tough sections. A lot of riders (presumably your team member included) seemed quite happy to coast it round and sprint at the end, but a couple of others were willing to work with me and push hard up any inclines to stretch it out and shed a few riders each time.

I raced for #68 afterwards and didn't have any legs left so got dropped after approx 60 seconds, then coasted it round in the grupetto until two of us went long for the finish. I won a the one on one sprint for 74th place :notworthy:

Del C

Veteran
I was in that group with him, and had the same issue on lap one. I was caught out by just how easy it seemed to gap the group up that gravel climb with a steamroller. I tried hard to get back in after responding a bit too slow, but didn't make it in.

He probably didn't like the way I was riding in the second group - I am not a sprinter so was focused on trying to reduce the size of that group as much as possible on the tough sections. A lot of riders (presumably your team member included) seemed quite happy to coast it round and sprint at the end, but a couple of others were willing to work with me and push hard up any inclines to stretch it out and shed a few riders each time.

I raced for #68 afterwards and didn't have any legs left so got dropped after approx 60 seconds, then coasted it round in the grupetto until two of us went long for the finish. I won a the one on one sprint for 74th place :notworthy:
He didn't say anything about you, other than 'there's an odd small of legs burning back here!' :laugh:

He was quite apologetic about getting the wrong side of the gap, but having read the reports and seen your confirmation, I don't think there's much he could have done.

We just told him to sit in the group. We knew he wouldn't be able to bridge across, and he's got a strong sprint, so that was our best tactic for him to pick up maximum points, which he did.

Top Bottom