Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@JuhaL

Looks like tomorrow or Saturday. Or wait until the 12th to get that beauty on the road. But just like @Whorty 's new car, too good looking to get it dirty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210503-173635.png
    Screenshot_20210503-173635.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210503-173617.png
    Screenshot_20210503-173617.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@JuhaL

Looks like tomorrow or Saturday. Or wait until the 12th to get that beauty on the road. But just like @Whorty 's new car, too good looking to get it dirty.

7 days of rain here :sad:

JuhaL

Guru
@JuhaL

Yup, end of a 10 days forecast looks very promissing. I have done only two outdoor rides so far, 17th and 19th of April. It was awesome weather those days, shame that i didn’t have new bike then.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good luck all!

Simon Tuck
WTRL Zwift Racing League

A shout out to all the unsung heroes. The ones who haven't got the skills or software to come up with amusing collages. The ones who don't have a chance of being on the podium, or probably even the top half of the finishers. The ones who turn up every week just out of a sense of duty. The ones for whom a 'race plan' is a waste of pixels. The ones who sit down after a race wondering what happened in the last hour and why they are dressed in lycra and sweating like a patriot without his flag. The ones who wonder if the W in WKG just stands for 'Whhhhyyyyyy'. The ones who are ready to go over an hour before the race starts because they need several toilet visits once they put their lycra on. The ones who check and double check their hardware and setup because they don't want another wasted session. The ones who have tried PR Lotion and if anything it seems to make them perform worse, if that's possible. The ones who pray that the rider behind them doesn't exit the game because an excuse and a dnf seems better than being dead last. To the ones who haven't fuelled or warmed up properly because they just got home from work 5 minutes before the start.
For all of you, today's race will be your chance to shine. Literally, just getting to the finish line in this race of attrition will be a massive achievement. I hope you manage to beat yourself today. I'd say I'll see you at the post race party, but you probably aren't invited. Even if you are, I'm not.
207Paul Stubbs and 206 others
28 Comments
1 Share

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Calling @<Tommy> - how is this for an excuse?
View attachment 587181

I am in one of those postcodes. Would it not be considered inhumane to race without the prospect of a shower at the end?!

For a mere mortal perhaps. But we all know that you don’t even break into a sweat!

See you at 6:30 👍

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just watched a YT video of one of todays earlier Cat A races and the start, while not quite sedate, was definetly more restrained. In that race anyway.Very few pushing it on the down after 1.7km. One huge group until Libby and then, well, it all went crazy with a 59s climb by leader and then a few just over the minute but that group fell apart over 4 laps as people fell off and others caught them and eventually a small group of 6 finished together. Long descent to within 1.3km to finish, soft pedalling , boxing and coxing and then 1 went as the road went up at 0.8km and the rest trailed in behind.
1h 3 min at 245 4.4w/kg will give the rest of us something to think about 😄

mjd1988

Guru

Agreed.

I had a little nightmare beforehand, had to get electrician in right before as fridge stopped working which means I was running about mad trying to get my set up sorted okay in the conservatory (our garage is now a building site).

I feel like a warm up might have helped but probably not much, one thing I couldn't cope with was the heat :ohmy:

I drifted back through several groups - held onto @bobinski s group for a decent while- you looked so strong on every climb Bob! Dancing away like pantani.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Agreed.

I had a little nightmare beforehand, had to get electrician in right before as fridge stopped working which means I was running about mad trying to get my set up sorted okay in the conservatory (our garage is now a building site).

I feel like a warm up might have helped but probably not much, one thing I couldn't cope with was the heat :ohmy:

I drifted back through several groups - held onto @bobinski s group for a decent while- you looked so strong on every climb Bob! Dancing away like pantani.

I was glad we saw you Michael. Always good to have company .I was pissed I got dropped at 1st Libby ascent for not concentrating and had to wait for next group. We caught another group then I kept trying to drag them onto the next. They weren’t interested so I sat in and would then go for it up the climbs. I felt and still feel good. Suggests I had a bit more to give.
Pantani? I have the ears 😂

mjd1988

Guru
Definitely felt a few percentages off the pace there, not sure if deconditioning, general fatigue or calibration related. I suspect the first two but the question marks about the latter do make me want to get a new reliable turbo, even if I'm reliably worse:laugh:. Hopefully late summer I'll upgrade, all being well.

Top Bottom