Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Extra sweat 😰 points...???

I caused local flooding with all the sweat flowing out of the garage xx(

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Does no-one want to race with me? 😢 Even Mr Wilson, an A if ever I've seen one, wants to race with the Bs!
1623349367483.png

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Does no-one want to race with me? 😢 Even Mr Wilson, an A if ever I've seen one, wants to race with the Bs!
View attachment 593212

If you don't finish 1st in your category then questions will be asked.... 😂

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I did the later race in Central Park because I was still finishing off a few things for work at 8:45. :sad:
Completely mistimed my sprint 'effort', but I was happy to survive the race in the front group without getting dropped!

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm riding with my Bro on Saturday and for all you fans of Simon Warren's 100 Climbs, we'll be taking in this little beauty..

View attachment 592785

Should be fun on my SystemSix :biggrin:

Also be interesting to see how Ian's e-Bike deals with the 30% gradients.

Well as expected, that climb was a brute. It sucks you in, being a bit easier at the start, and as the description says - it just gets harder and harder. My SystemSix gearing (36:30) wasn't ideal and at the steepest point I was almost falling off as I was going so slowly. I got through it and in the end I beat the traget time I'd set myself. Unfortunately I left my Garmin at home so I have no power or HR data :stop: Dickhead.

Ian had to dismount at the steepest part, so the e-bike didn't quite make it. Apparently the amount of assist is driven by an increase in cadence?? This is a bit counter-intuitive as when climbing in your easiest gear, your cadence will drop as you start struggling. Anyone know if there is a way around this?

1623568128699.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well as expected, that climb was a brute. It sucks you in, being a bit easier at the start, and as the description says - it just gets harder and harder. My SystemSix gearing (36:30) wasn't ideal and at the steepest point I was almost falling off as I was going so slowly. I got through it and in the end I beat the traget time I'd set myself. Unfortunately I left my Garmin at home so I have no power or HR data :stop: Dickhead.

Ian had to dismount at the steepest part, so the e-bike didn't quite make it. Apparently the amount of assist is driven by an increase in cadence?? This is a bit counter-intuitive as when climbing in your easiest gear, your cadence will drop as you start struggling. Anyone know if there is a way around this?

View attachment 593603
I do like the description of the 4th segment above :laugh:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I do like the description of the 4th segment above :laugh:

Yep, nice innit :biggrin:

It is a fun descent, through the village of Snowshill and yes, there are obstacles to deal with. Ian hit over 50mph yesterday. I only managed 47mph - I remembered there is a bump in the road which makes you take off just where you hit max speed, so I was a bit cautious :okay:

Top Bottom