Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
target the people in front - you will catch them

Sound advice that. Well I agree with it anyhow! There’s always going to be tons of people faster than you. And tons slower. But focussing on the people directly in front of you is the best way of gaging progress in my mind. Because the stats never tell the full story. And focusing on the people around you makes it a lot more fun too.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It was a "hike"

now it all depends if it was -

Or

I hope you were walking the other way !!
Ruby was in the trail! Her veering off makes me think she is much smarter than Kipster.. The dog, not the real Kip.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-102341.png
    Screenshot_20211127-102341.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 1

mjd1988

Guru
If I'm still riding in the summer, would be up for a meetup. Maybe we could do some sort of light-ish sportive like the Lancashire 161?

Just bought myself a pair of bib shorts and those sexy meshed t-shirts. Still just missing a real bike which I find quite ironic :laugh:

If you stick with the turbo a bit longer you'll see serious gains and want to be out on road when the weather turns around:okay:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
What do mean if you’re still riding ?
I know people who turbo race are an odd bunch ( you know who you are ) but once you start seeing progress this winter , I think you will really get the bug and it will set you up for next year a treat
You really seem keen at moment and this is the hardest part , keep looking at strava and seeing your times - and target the people in front - you will catch them
If you stick with the turbo a bit longer you'll see serious gains and want to be out on road when the weather turns around:okay:
Motivation is still very much there. Can't believe it's been almost a month! And I'll manage to hit 500k ^_^ May be stuck at the back a bit longer because of other exercise (gym, bodyweight, walking), caloric deficit (weight loss), etc. but once things settle I'll focus on cycling and make proper progress. Don't worry: I will catch them ;)

I most definitely plan on hitting the real road. Have a few bike parts/components already and currently looking for a nice frame. Once I've got that I'll try and put something together

Power cut at Melville Towers all day today so no Zwifting here…. Not looking nice out there so I doubt it’ll be resolved tonight either.
Nasty. Hope the heating is working.

A little motivation on my dog walk today. Not everyone is asleep like they're supposed to be.
Motivation to put a holster on your bike? :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'd planned to race today, a hare and hounds event. But I felt absolutely drained from my 50 mile endurance ride-more so than my 60 miler. My heart rate was elevated right up to going to bed. Its much better this morning, but slightly high-So change of plan, a relaxing pootle around the new course for an hour. Flop on the settee watch some biathlon ^_^

What you lot doing this cold Sunday, now the storm has blown over?

Top Bottom