Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'm absolutely twatted so I thought it best to write a few words...

I can remember when I put out the call for C & D riders to make up a kind of 3rd team for ZRL and see how we got on. I thought I'd get about 4 riders but we got a good few lads just willing to give it their balls to just get a few points and winning didn't matter. It evolved and we saw many riders progress up to the B team (me included) and some drop down (me) but what we have always had is a fantastic team spirit.

The CCC Team took on a new leader in Steve when I got promoted to B and we have never looked back. I got spat out thanks to chocolate, vaping and drink, but was welcomed back with open arms. We are the dads army, the sprinters who aren't sprinters, climbers who don't like climbing, but the lads who do it for the lads.

But I can't write the above without mentioning the support from the lads in the B team. I remember the support Tommy gave me transitioning from C to B and I'm sure that everyone who has gone up has had a similar level of support.

What I want to say, is for a farking bunch of message board dossers we've done alright. A, B, C, or Douchebag, there is no I in team, lets have a group hug xx

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
No Shame in 7th at all. We did really, really well.

If john can amend engraving to add 1st for semi and 7th for final as well as regional winners, then it will be immortalised on glass :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks like CCC Splitters have come 7th out of 27 teams overall, which considering we're not a team known for our sprinting on such a sprint heavy final course, is really brilliant.

However @Peter Salt is now our new @Whorty - telling everyone he's not a sprinter when he got over 60% of our points, which included a 1st, a 2nd, two 3rds and two 4ths at primes! Shout out also to @alex_cycles who absolutely killed himself to get a final lap FTS placing.

Pete is off to the green label team next season.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Pete is off to the green label team next season.
Not quite, Andy. I don't plan to do any 'proper' racing over the summer. I'll probably finally look at some structured training - never done a single session. Thinking about a home squatting setup to improve my sprint. All in all - will drop back to C (or even D) according to ZP before the next season rolls in.

So the way I see it:
- I'll be a C,
- @BurningLegs suspended his subscription so will be a C as well,
- @IrishAl will be back in C,
- @alex_cycles will hopefully stay in C,
- @Joffey will be 2 stones lighter and improve his numbers,
- @CXRAndy is very much on a upward trend power-wise and downward in regards to weight,

That's 6 riders at pretty much cat limit (or sandbagging above it). We'll show Div 1 what CCC can do :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Not quite, Andy. I don't plan to do any 'proper' racing over the summer. I'll probably finally look at some structured training - never done a single session. Thinking about a home squatting setup to improve my sprint. All in all - will drop back to C (or even D) according to ZP before the next season rolls in.

So the way I see it:
- I'll be a C,
- @CXRAndy is very much on a upward trend power-wise and downward in regards to weight,

That's 6 riders at pretty much cat limit (or sandbagging above it). We'll show Div 1 what CCC can do :okay:

I'm starting my weights next week. My lad started weights for the first time a few weeks ago, so we will spot each other now. I've got an EZ bar on order and if we keep it going into the summer I'll likely get a cable fly machine too

20220428_104209.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking back at my race, I showed a fair bit of mental weakness getting dropped. Though I was near maximum, I wasnt at the point of getting dropped. I should have tried to stay further into the pack which I'd done earlier. I then would have been able to draft along. I dont know how long for but I would have thought the initial pace would have settled on lap 2

alex_cycles

Veteran

So the way I see it:
- I'll be a C,

Certainly my plan is to (still) be a C by that time. Right on the cusp of B now at 3.19. I've been holding off doing any "balls to the wall" TT efforts on Zwift so as not to get promoted and ruin it all. I'm now probably going to do a bit of that just for fun to see what I can do, and then from mid-June onwards (ZRL Starts September 13th, so any races before 15th June will be 90 days old by then) likely not do much if any Zwifting. Also got the Tron challenge to finish.

Another thing you could try for fun Peter is real world short hill sprints. I'm mainly going to enjoy my outdoor riding over the summer, try and do a few more of the "100 climbs" and feel the whoosh of air passing over me. I've still got 240 miles to ride in May yet though - I best get out there. :eek:

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I'm starting my weights next week. My lad started weights for the first time a few weeks ago, so we will spot each other now. I've got an EZ bar on order and if we keep it going into the summer I'll likely get a cable fly machine too

View attachment 645741
Don't skip leg days! ;):laugh:
Looking back at my race, I showed a fair bit of mental weakness getting dropped. Though I was near maximum, I wasnt at the point of getting dropped. I should have tried to stay further into the pack which I'd done earlier. I then would have been able to draft along. I dont know how long for but I would have thought the initial pace would have settled on lap 2
Found a video from this Portuguese fella:

View: https://youtu.be/qCtAF0bO3rk

Holds on until the same time Alex does. Haven't found a stream/video from the front group yet.

Johnsop99

Veteran
No Shame in 7th at all. We did really, really well.

If john can amend engraving to add 1st for semi and 7th for final as well as regional winners, then it will be immortalised on glass :okay:
Will do, that's why I waited before engraving them! Should be done and posted by Tuesday. What a season.^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

So the way I see it:
- I'll be a C,

Pete if you’ve been promoted to B without doing any focussed training. And you intend to do a summers worth of weights and structured training. That would suggest to me that if you stick to your plan, you will be stronger in September than now.

I’ve never raced in C. But it seems like it’s split between people who are over powered for the division, and then others who constantly moan about sandbaggers. In fact in the past I’ve seen some people have been a part of both groups.

Just depends what you want out of this racing malarkey I guess…

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm absolutely twatted so I thought it best to write a few words...

I can remember when I put out the call for C & D riders to make up a kind of 3rd team for ZRL and see how we got on. I thought I'd get about 4 riders but we got a good few lads just willing to give it their balls to just get a few points and winning didn't matter. It evolved and we saw many riders progress up to the B team (me included) and some drop down (me) but what we have always had is a fantastic team spirit.

The CCC Team took on a new leader in Steve when I got promoted to B and we have never looked back. I got spat out thanks to chocolate, vaping and drink, but was welcomed back with open arms. We are the dads army, the sprinters who aren't sprinters, climbers who don't like climbing, but the lads who do it for the lads.

But I can't write the above without mentioning the support from the lads in the B team. I remember the support Tommy gave me transitioning from C to B and I'm sure that everyone who has gone up has had a similar level of support.

What I want to say, is for a farking bunch of message board dossers we've done alright. A, B, C, or Douchebag, there is no I in team, lets have a group hug xx

😄

Your posts have less grammatical errors when your pissed than most of mine do when I’m sober!

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Pete if you’ve been promoted to B without doing any focussed training. And you intend to do a summers worth of weights and structured training. That would suggest to me that if you stick to your plan, you will be stronger in September than now.
Ah - we'll see. I'm thinking about it rather than definitely made up my mind. And it depends on finding some used equipment on Gumtree... And the weather. And some other stuff. I'll wait and see in September :okay:

I’ve never raced in C. But it seems like it’s split between people who are over powered for the division, and then others who constantly moan about sandbaggers. In fact in the past I’ve seen some people have been a part of both groups.
Yeah! Exactly the same stuff as B - just lower average watts! ;):laugh:

Just depends what you want out of this racing malarkey I guess…
It's entertainment + being part of a Team :becool: That's about it really.

Top Bottom