Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Real catchy name that ;) Aren't you worried about dirt getting stuck in all those tiny holes?

I keep the holes open with my fart....just kidding :blush:. Seriously speaking the saddle is closed from below so I doubt that the dirt is really a problem.

edit. need to edit my reply, one too many beers :banghead:. Not above, I meant below of course.

Last edited:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
My wife and sons are away on Mon-Wed next week, though, so I’m planning on going to work at 6am, knocking off at 2:30pm, and doing long outdoor rides in the afternoon (weather permitting!)
OTOH we're having 27 tonnes of gravel delivered for the drive on Monday afternoon so I might be barrowing and raking that... :laugh: TBF it's probably just as good a workout!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I agree everyone is faster, but it boils down to the peloton making the wrong judgement when to make the chase.

Shaun Kelly 'making the calculation' ;)

alex_cycles

Veteran
I agree everyone is faster, but it boils down to the peloton making the wrong judgement when to make the chase.

There was a youngish guy on the front of the peleton yesterday who got bollocked by the others for going too fast. I bet he's feeling smug "told ya so" and hasn't learnt anything other than "the old gits were wrong" :eek: :laugh: I suppose it depends if your team is mostly a GC team, a sprint team etc.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet

Have to 100% agree with Andy here. Feel like the author of the article is looking for reasons where they don't necessarily exist. Yup, everyone is more aero and quicker but they were also more aero in 2017 compared to say 2014 and in 2010 more aero than 2005. Not a factor in my opinion, let alone a 'new factor'.

Main reason was absolutely bad strategy. Peloton was saving itself for the sprint, directors were saving lead-out man for the sprint, almost everyone thought the breakaway won't cooperate for as long as they did.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Have to 100% agree with Andy here. Feel like the author of the article is looking for reasons where they don't necessarily exist. Yup, everyone is more aero and quicker but they were also more aero in 2017 compared to say 2014 and in 2010 more aero than 2005. Not a factor in my opinion, let alone a 'new factor'.

Main reason was absolutely bad strategy. Peloton was saving itself for the sprint, directors were saving lead-out man for the sprint, almost everyone thought the breakaway won't cooperate for as long as they did.

View: https://youtu.be/dR6Y5t98MB4?t=27

Top Bottom