Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Vaguely related, any b minuses fancy the dirt league? It's squeezed in before wtrl starting 23rd August. Could check if any spots left on the ABR team?

I'd be up for this @mjd1988 but I'm a B+ rider according to the calculator on the DIRT Racing Series website. Do you know if there's any teams needing a B+ rider? I suppose I could look on their Facebook page to see if there's any teams recruiting?

BurningLegs

Veteran
I am having problems with dropouts from bluetooth sensors via the companion app. It has been hapenning for a while and driving me crazy - I did a race at lunch time today and got three drop outs! Thankfully only a couple of seconds so I didn't lose position but it ruins the experience and I have to sprint back on to get into the group which burns matches (I'd have won without that, obviously :whistle:).

I'm not sure if it is wi-fi/network between companion app and the zwift app, bluetooth to the companion app, or something else.

Is anyone aware of a good troubleshooting guide for this?

I logged a ticket with Zwift and they told me to update the firmware on my trainer :rolleyes: I checked, and it is already on the latest :rolleyes:

alex_cycles

Veteran
I am having problems with dropouts from bluetooth sensors via the companion app. It has been hapenning for a while and driving me crazy - I did a race at lunch time today and got three drop outs! Thankfully only a couple of seconds so I didn't lose position but it ruins the experience and I have to sprint back on to get into the group which burns matches (I'd have won without that, obviously :whistle:).

I'm not sure if it is wi-fi/network between companion app and the zwift app, bluetooth to the companion app, or something else.

Is anyone aware of a good troubleshooting guide for this?

I logged a ticket with Zwift and they told me to update the firmware on my trainer :rolleyes: I checked, and it is already on the latest :rolleyes:

Is it possible you have other devices trying to connect to your sensors? I sometimes get connection issues with a pair of BT headphones which seem to resolve by switching off BT on other devices they are paired with. Just a thought. Other obvious thing to try is rebooting the router (but I expect you've tried that already).

mjd1988

Guru
I'd be up for this @mjd1988 but I'm a B+ rider according to the calculator on the DIRT Racing Series website. Do you know if there's any teams needing a B+ rider? I suppose I could look on their Facebook page to see if there's any teams recruiting?
I'll check with ABR and get back. Not sure if they have a b plus team

BurningLegs

Veteran
Is it possible you have other devices trying to connect to your sensors? I sometimes get connection issues with a pair of BT headphones which seem to resolve by switching off BT on other devices they are paired with. Just a thought. Other obvious thing to try is rebooting the router (but I expect you've tried that already).

I don't think so - I've ensured there are no other apps running that would try to connect to the sensors on my phone and head unit turned off etc. It's also not consistent - if it was every 3 minutes or something that would sound likely.

I have an older Android phone available, I will probably get companion app installed on that to see if it is any different :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Have you tried a signal analyser app. To check what signals are nearby. Something like
Screenshot_20220816-170540_Google Play Store.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
good morning you fine athletes - has anyone here had covid and experienced any issues afterwards - like lack of breath /power ? just wondering , or has everyone here who's had it been rough then made full recovery ?
not to start an excuse page - just wondering

First time I had it, 6 weeks of breathlessness, fatigue. 2nd time just a week of cold like symptoms.

Rest up and back of intense exercise whenever possible 👍

GWS

Top Bottom