Cycling computer or phone mount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ukforty

If wireless, buy with a gps, I bought a Cateye Quick, only problems, lot of spots in my town with magnetic fields etc, pr buy wired computer ;)

OP
OP
A

Aescott

Sooooooo…… my first proper experience of using the Edge a few weeks ago.

Managed to transport my bike from Glasgow to Liverpool by train with few issues (except a hairy moment at Wigan when there was no one to open the secure compartment, necessitating a sprint down the platform to find the train manager).

Next morning, quick trip to Decathlon to buy a top as it was really hot and I hadn’t accounted for that, then I was off for my ride to Southport Pier, using the route I’d found on Komoot. Except the route started from somewhere in Liverpool that WASN’T our flat and so spent several hours going up and down the same streets and hills, making u-turns and getting into bits of Liverpool that I’d never seen before, before giving up and making my way back home. Three and a half hours and I never made it out of the city centre……

So - next time, I’ll make sure that the route starts at our flat. I’ll also make sure I’m wearing my glasses so I can actually read the instructions on the computer, rather than relying on a vague blurry sensation of what I ought to be doing. I’ll also check the map ahead of setting off so I have an idea of where I’m actually going.

It’s all a PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer) and I’ve used the Edge successfully on my work commutes.

Slick

Guru
Sooooooo…… my first proper experience of using the Edge a few weeks ago.

Managed to transport my bike from Glasgow to Liverpool by train with few issues (except a hairy moment at Wigan when there was no one to open the secure compartment, necessitating a sprint down the platform to find the train manager).

Next morning, quick trip to Decathlon to buy a top as it was really hot and I hadn’t accounted for that, then I was off for my ride to Southport Pier, using the route I’d found on Komoot. Except the route started from somewhere in Liverpool that WASN’T our flat and so spent several hours going up and down the same streets and hills, making u-turns and getting into bits of Liverpool that I’d never seen before, before giving up and making my way back home. Three and a half hours and I never made it out of the city centre……

So - next time, I’ll make sure that the route starts at our flat. I’ll also make sure I’m wearing my glasses so I can actually read the instructions on the computer, rather than relying on a vague blurry sensation of what I ought to be doing. I’ll also check the map ahead of setting off so I have an idea of where I’m actually going.

It’s all a PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer) and I’ve used the Edge successfully on my work commutes.

I assume you asked it to route you to the start of the course?

I think that can be an issue for some of your issues, as it seems to work better if you just leave from your current position.

Top Bottom