What needs changing on bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedallingNowhereSlowly

Well that’s trivial and a non issue.
If you say so.
Still, easier to leave a DF chained to a balcony or hidden behind a sofa if you live in a flat.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Well that’s trivial and a non issue.

Not for the specific act of taking bikes on trains
QuadValve® offers unparalleled smoothness of power delivery compared to the leading uni-valve system.

Uni-valves have had their day, QuadValve® is here to stay.

Remember: Insist on QuadValve® - It's the future.

Brilliant.
It would have both presta and schrader valves to avoid those "wrong pump" moments.

And woods/dunlop for reasons of nostalgia.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That’s not shipping is it? Let’s not mix thing up now, else it’ll all get very confusing.
It's not a huge leap from shipping to other transport options; I'm sorry if that's confusing for you!

Not all my cycling is from home; so ....
- would a recumbent fit in my car? (no) or even my wife's larger car? (maybe)
- would it fit on my tow car barrier? (unlikely)
- would it fit on a roof carrier? (possibly, although not necessarily at the same time as my roof box as I do currently for eg holidays)
- Do train operating companies object to non-standard bikes?
- Does the larger size of recumbents make them impractical for taking onto busy trains?
- Will they fit in the bike hanging spaces that some trains use?
- At the stations, will a recumbent fit in a lift?
- Many stations fail to provide step free access to platforms (eg my two nearest stations). Is it realistic to lug a recumbent over a footbridge?
- Are recumbents accepted on Chunnel services, Flixbus or Bike Express?
- I opted not to fly for nearly 20 years, but if I wanted to in future, would airlines carry a recumbent?
- What about the Dartford crossing minibus, or similar services on Afsluitdijk etc? Do they accept recumbents?

I would love a recumbent, particularly if my spine degenerates further, but a no to some of my questions could be a show-stopper, or would heavily restrict my travel plans.

I still keep looking at recumbents on Facebook and ebay. None seem to be the right size to fit in either of my bike sheds, so it would have to live in my office.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Just how wide do you think trikes are with a rider on board?
Just wide enough to hit annoying protuberances, not quite wide enough to carry what is needful?

Punkawallah

Über Member
Loops in saddles to attach a number plate.Gets bunkered down awaiting missiles.

No, that will interfere with the saddle bag. Some wag has already pictured a mudguard mounted plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom