Crap cycle parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LabRatt

I couldn't see an ongoing thread for moaning about this phenomenon, so thought I'd just put one here. My first trip to the shops was last Sunday (an emergency toilet paper mission before heading to the station) and I was glad to be able to lock my bike at the local mini Tesco:

Misunderstood.jpg

I can't help feeling that someone's misunderstood how these things are supposed to work. I also think I should have had a blue badge to leave it there...

Edge705

Quality:tongue: my dads work hired a firm to paint some disabled bays they drew a lovely picture similar to above but underneath wrote "Invalid" they had to come back and overpaint with "Disabled" blinking muppets but just goes to show whoever did that above could be put in the same category

Shame on you for parking your bike there !:whistle:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not really on topic but when the disabled access laws came in a few years ago, the corner shop I worked in had to fit a door bell so wheel chair users could ring for assistance... then the council put a big double litter bin in front of it, leaving the door bell positively out of reach!

OP
OP
L

LabRatt

I'm thinking of going down there and locking up as well as I can, waiting for a cash point cripple to park in the other disabled bay (there are two) and then getting my dad to come along with his blue badge to make the point for me.

That might have them removing the stands altogether though...

It may be cr@p but its better than the non existent cycle parking at the two tesco's local to me, its almost guaranteed that the latter is in contravention of their planning conditions as it was only built last year the other probably is too and its been Scottish Policy for a while now.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Tescos have a long track record of not installing cycle parking and then when they do install it, doing it incorrectly. Just one of those things.

Edwards80

Über Member
I'm not surprised that supermarkets aren't too fussy with bike parking, but I went to Decathlon in Stockport last week and there was nowhere decent to lock the bike up.

I took it inside and asked the security chap and he just told me to leave it inside and he'd keep an eye on it. Very nice of him but it shouldn't really be necessary! I still chained it to a solid looking table, just in case ;)

400bhp

Guru
I'm not surprised that supermarkets aren't too fussy with bike parking, but I went to Decathlon in Stockport last week and there was nowhere decent to lock the bike up.

I took it inside and asked the security chap and he just told me to leave it inside and he'd keep an eye on it. Very nice of him but it shouldn't really be necessary! I still chained it to a solid looking table, just in case ;)

There's quite a few sheffield looking stands outside the main entrance?

Edwards80

Über Member
There's quite a few sheffield looking stands outside the main entrance?

:eek: Where abouts if you are looking from the main entrance? The only things I could see were the loops marking the disabled parking bays. Didn't want to stick my bike there for obvious reasons.

It was dark and I am massively unobservant at times so I may have to slap myself next time I go :smile:

400bhp

Guru
:eek: Where abouts if you are looking from the main entrance? The only things I could see were the loops marking the disabled parking bays. Didn't want to stick my bike there for obvious reasons.

It was dark and I am massively unobservant at times so I may have to slap myself next time I go :smile:

Hmm, you may have a point. I've never specifically gone and looked for bike "stands" but have noticed a couple of people locking their bikes up in a direct line in front of the main entrance, around a point level with the car park.

Top Bottom