dangly bits are hurting...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodo

Got back into cycling and by testicles hurt :sad: after afew minutes of riding. Is this cause of the sadle or saddle height.

Please advice.

Cheers!

Number14

Guru
I'd expect your sit bones to hurt a bit but not your nuts. Were you sat on them? :blush:

If you can feel some pressure on them when you first sit on the saddle, get your hand down your trousers and lift the little diamonds up and forward to improve comfort. :cheers:

"Sore" or "hurting"? If you don't have padded liners, get some... Seams on undies rub the dangly bits sometimes. Padded liners don't have any seams.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Maybe your saddle is slightly tilted back so the nose of the saddle is pushing onto your nuts
I'm very sensitive to that. For me, one click on the adjustment is the difference between comfort and total numbness. This is how I have mine set up...

fizik-arione-saddle-basso-close-up.jpg

With the raised rear part of the Arione design, my 'dangly bits' are effectively raised above the nose of the saddle even though the front part of the saddle is horizontal. I originally set it level from the back to the nose of the saddle, which meant the front part was sloping upwards slightly and it was awful. (I think that is what a lot of people who complain about the comfort of their Arione have done. They should try it set up like this.)

zacklaws

Guru
I managed to sit on my "Nad's" earlier this year getting on my bike in a hurry, and without doubt, I new instinctively what I had done. But I think it was down to the way I had tucked them away in my shorts.

Fran143

Über Member
Have you got larger than average nuts ?

I Like this answer best.....go with it!:whistle:

OP
OP
dodo

dodo

Wow! Thanks for the replies.

My sit bones don't hurt. I think it might be because the saddle is slightly tilted as ticktockmy suggested; will check when I get back home.

ThermaJock -
laugh.gif
- ay karamba! definitely not for me.

@darth vader - how do larger than average nuts look like:tongue:? I don't think mine are
whistling.gif

As you get older the danglers tend to dangle even more. I just pop my grundies under the cycling shorts which keeps them out of the way.

darth vadar

Über Member
@darth vader - how do larger than average nuts look like:tongue:? I don't think mine are
whistling.gif

I am not really sure, but I friend of mine asked me the other day how I managed to get a 12" p**is ?

I said "Easy, I just fold it in half" !!!!

;)

Klaus

The thread reminds me of a "near miss" I had when I was young. On a ride I was out of the saddle, i.e. standing up on pedals, and somehow I lost my footing and suddenly had the cross bar between my legs .... it hurt very much but in the end it wasn't the nuts, I had a big bruise at the top of the inside leg next to the nuts. Lucky escape you could say .....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I once read an article by a cyclist who had worked as an A & E doctor and he said that he'd had several cyclists in over the years with exploded testicles from traumatic 'nad-to-top-tube impacts! :eek:

I once read an article by a cyclist who had worked as an A & E doctor and he said that he'd had several cyclists in over the years with exploded testicles from traumatic 'nad-to-top-tube impacts! :eek:

please post such comments after dinner time in future please Colin!

Top Bottom