Geo on 2013 Supersix - have I got it right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Looking to buy the wife a bike. We've had it on goood faith that a 51cm Cannondale Supersix Evo women's is about right.

Here's the geometry:
2013_Cannondale_Supersix_Evo_Womens_Hi-Mod_Red_642759_i0.jpg

I spotted a bit of a bargain on a Supersix105. I assumed that the geometry would be same so I discounted the bike as they only had a 49cm one. However, on closer inspection of the Supersix105 I think the geometry might be suitable. Here it is:

2013_Cannondale_Supersix_Womens_5_105_642763_i0.jpg

The measured size is the same (46cm), the top tube is marginally shorter (51.5 v 52.3), reach is pretty similar too.

The stand over height seems to be in the right ball park for her (74cm and she is 78cm).

Thoughts?

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
The 2013 synapses are a little bigger than advertised, I ride a 54, when I'd be a 56 in other bikes.
Unsure if the coming up bigger rule applies across the range, but it would infer that the 49 would prob be alright.

Peteaud

Veteran
Looking to buy the wife a bike. We've had it on goood faith that a 51cm Cannondale Supersix Evo women's is about right.

Here's the geometry:
2013_Cannondale_Supersix_Evo_Womens_Hi-Mod_Red_642759_i0.jpg

I spotted a bit of a bargain on a Supersix105. I assumed that the geometry would be same so I discounted the bike as they only had a 49cm one. However, on closer inspection of the Supersix105 I think the geometry might be suitable. Here it is:

2013_Cannondale_Supersix_Womens_5_105_642763_i0.jpg

The measured size is the same (46cm), the top tube is marginally shorter (51.5 v 52.3), reach is pretty similar too.

The stand over height seems to be in the right ball park for her (74cm and she is 78cm).

Thoughts?

Cannondale do come up big, I am 6 foot dead and ride a 56 on a 2012 Supersix, (and a 56 on my Synapse as well).

Can,t remember what one, but the CAAD8 or CAAD 10 are vary similar to the Supersix (CAAD 8 i think) so it might be worth comparing and maybe sitting on a CAAD (whatever) to see.

Other than that, the Supersix is fantasticaly brilliant.

OP
OP
400bhp

400bhp

Guru
Thanks for all the replies - just need to have a sit down with the other half and choose between two 51 cm Cannondales I have sourced.

OP
OP
400bhp

400bhp

Guru
I love the FSA crankset on it:becool:

Top Bottom