Hiland bikes reliable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muzturd

Ive come across an MTB by Hiland bikes but i cant seem to find any reviews for it anywhere. Ive never heard of Hiland Bikes before so im a little skeptical about it.

Has anyone come across this brand? Do they make reliable, durable bikes? The one im looking at comes with Hiland's own suspension fork and im skeptical about those too so id like a second opinion.
Normally id stay away from such a bike but in the eyes of a beginner it has some decent components at a relatively cheap price point which will serve me well for getting into the sport, and also leaves a lot of room for future upgrades if i go that route.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Can you post a link please.

Chris S

Legendary Member

"Boing!" said Zebedee

dougal01.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
A full suspension bike for £200 is not going to be a good investment.

It isn't even a poor investment. These are the worst kind of junk BSO's and deserve to stay in the warehouse when new and in the scrap skip when found used.
When looking for a low budget bike, go for the ones with the smallest number of moving parts on them, not the ones with the flashiest features. Y-frame suspension MTB's are pretty much all the same generic junk design no matter what branding they carry.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We’re mostly Brits on here although we do have some contributors from the US and this seems to be a US only product.
If I understand you this is a secondhand bike you’re looking at. Is it your size? If it were cheap enough it might be worth buying but I’d prefer one of the better known brands.
Sorry the link to Decathlon bikes I gave was for their U.K. store but I do believe they have an outlet in the US and are opening more, we have two here!

OP
OP
M

Muzturd

We’re mostly Brits on here although we do have some contributors from the US and this seems to be a US only product.
If I understand you this is a secondhand bike you’re looking at. Is it your size? If it were cheap enough it might be worth buying but I’d prefer one of the better known brands.
Sorry the link to Decathlon bikes I gave was for their U.K. store but I do believe they have an outlet in the US and are opening more, we have two here!
No it isnt second hand, thats one reason why i was so skeptical about all the features it has at its price. Yeah ill check some bikes out in Decathlon. Thanks for the help :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Muzturd

There's a chap in my neck of the woods who has one of these:

Amazon product ASIN B07SZ6W33PView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Aluminum-Kickstand-Disc-Brake-Suspension/dp/B07SZ6W33P/ref=asc_df_B07SZ6W33P

I'm amazed it's lasted so long as it looks like it will fall apart at any second.

As others have said: avoid, unless you're really desperate.
Not desperate at all haha. Have a lot of other options open but this seemed too good to be true so just wanted a second opinion. Ill definitely stick with some of the more well known brands :smile:

OP
OP
M

Muzturd

It isn't even a poor investment. These are the worst kind of junk BSO's and deserve to stay in the warehouse when new and in the scrap skip when found used.
When looking for a low budget bike, go for the ones with the smallest number of moving parts on them, not the ones with the flashiest features. Y-frame suspension MTB's are pretty much all the same generic junk design no matter what branding they carry.
Agreed. Its why im being modest and sticking to a hardtail with enough features to help me on some light trials and also general commute.

Top Bottom