I'm not into motorbikes, but I do like this one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

templehead

Regular
Big Harleys too.

IIRC they and the Honda use an electric motor... the only one with a proper mechanical reverse gear that I know of are those old Soviet flat twin BMW copies, variously called Cossack/Neval/Ural.

_E0A7364.jpg

Some of them are 2WD with drive to the sidecar wheel.

The Goldwing's not my cup of tea either... I'm not riding something that I can't pick up again if I drop it! I'll stick to my slightly smaller Honda (DN-01).

presta

Guru
I wouldn't want to have to pick it up.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
IIRC they and the Honda use an electric motor... the only one with a proper mechanical reverse gear that I know of are those old Soviet flat twin BMW copies, variously called Cossack/Neval/Ural.

View attachment 730595

Some of them are 2WD with drive to the sidecar wheel.

The Goldwing's not my cup of tea either... I'm not riding something that I can't pick up again if I drop it! I'll stick to my slightly smaller Honda (DN-01).

Honda use the starter motor to reverse.

The bikes are not my cup of tea either, but Henry Cole tested one for his motorbike show and after making his mind up that he wasn't going to like it changed his mind within a few miles. He claimed it to be surprisingly nimble and well balanced once moving. I'd pick one over a Harley, a mate had a Heritage Soft Tail Classic and watching in my mirror as he followed me into a corner he might as well have been steering an aircraft carrier.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think it may even have air conditioning.
If you don't mind it with traffic fumes.

Top Bottom