Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you mean live photo ? or slide show of a set of photos ?
You can turn off live photo on the top right hand-side of photo view finder when you take a pic.
Basic camera stuff is here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205659
You can if it's live photo turn them back into a single photo.
Pic's you have taken the i icon photo app will show you all the info. You can also use it to ID stuff like plants.
Once you get use to it the photo app has al sorts of handy tools. iPhone has been my default camera for years.
Other photo stuff is here https://support.apple.com/photos
sync photos to your iCloud account is handy way to view your library away from your phone.

Thanks. I am still a novice with it. Never really been that good with computers theory wise, but have fitted a new hard drive to my iMac.
When I choose a photo, a fraction of a second things move and then become static. It's very strange seeing it for the first time . My wife says that it records a fraction of a second before you take the picture.
It seems odd! It's as if you were looking at the picture of the Mona Lisa and she winked at you!

What's Super Mario doing in F1 ? :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No most of the older ones have been lost. In the big BBC cost cutting in the 70’s. When they had to reuse old tapes. Some older episodes in colour survived. Some B&w are left. Most of them are YouTube unless the BBC has had them removed.

That does remind me of the vandalism of some authorities. When Strathclyde Region was created and our local administration closed down they ordered the removal and destruction of all old town records.
One of the employees who was local was so outraged that he "stole" them and kept them in his garage until they found their way to the local museum. He is now dead so nothing can be done and in any case Strathclyde Region no longer exists.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is also why I'm working in bicycle repair; I needed my bike for transport, which meant I couldn't leave it for a week in a bike shop to get repaired even if I could have afforded it.

Come to that, I still do need my bike for transport, but at least there's a workshop at the other end of my commute...
Wouldn't that depend on whether you were coming or going?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull drizzly day so just as well I got the main outdoor stuff sorted yesterday.
I notice another ewe and small lamb have been introduced to the field opposite. It always seemed a bit strange having only one lamb which looked a bit lonely as it did a few jumps on its own. Mostly when there are more of them they seem to form a pack for play purposes.
While I have dealt with sheep a little as my grandfather kept sheep my main experience is with cattle.
The ones in the field belong to what could be termed a hobby farmer who owns no land but moves animals around anywhere available. One let the sheep wander around the town on their own and they were a menace to gardeners. All garden gates were changed to open outwards so they could not be battered open by sheep. His hens were also a law unto themselves.
The new settlers could not abide this so it has been long brought under control.

Mike_P

Guru
That does remind me of the vandalism of some authorities. When Strathclyde Region was created and our local administration closed down they ordered the removal and destruction of all old town records.
One of the employees who was local was so outraged that he "stole" them and kept them in his garage until they found their way to the local museum. He is now dead so nothing can be done and in any case Strathclyde Region no longer exists.

Reminds of a thankfully now no longer work colleague who, should have been sacked IMO, when she destroyed some work records because they were old and tatty. She would have been tatty if I had got hold of her.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the very early light mist has burned off and it's a bright, sunny and warm start to the day being enjoyed with a strong coffee.

It's the annual Ipswich to Felixstowe classic vehicle run today which I only remembered due to the parking restriction signs on a couple of the side roads off the seafront yesterday. All the vehicles are parked up and displayed on the prom and surrounding areas for the afternoon so, after a quick trip to Martlesham for some necessities, I will probably head down there for a look. A few years ago some of the participants included a convoy of Sinclair C5s and vintage bicycles.

tom73

Guru
I see 24,000 people voted for a bloke wearing a bin on his head. My faith in our much broken democratic system is restored.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Thanks. I am still a novice with it. Never really been that good with computers theory wise, but have fitted a new hard drive to my iMac.
When I choose a photo, a fraction of a second things move and then become static. It's very strange seeing it for the first time . My wife says that it records a fraction of a second before you take the picture.
It seems odd! It's as if you were looking at the picture of the Mona Lisa and she winked at you!

That's live photo easy to turn off it can be handy for capturing a few seconds of movement.

Top Bottom