One for Drago........ and possibly others.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We all know @Drago is very keen on fire arms and I wonder how many different weapons he has actually used in his lifetime.
When I was in the army, 50 years ago mind, I fired pistols, a German Luger, automatic rifles, light and heavy machine guns, and basokas. That is all I can remember and I have no wish to use any of them again. I have also driven tanks but never fired one. We were also trained to dismantle and rebuilt light machine guns and rifles in a given time limit. That is my experience of weapons, all forgotten now and no regrets.

PK99

Legendary Member
The only real weapon I have ever fired was an AK47 - standing on full auto and prone single shots at falling plate targets.

Boy it was fun!

Drago

Legendary Member
Blimey.

FAL in 7.62 long and .22 training version
Gimpy
L96
One single round through an Accuracy International AWM .336 Lapua Magnum
One session on the Fabrique Nationale version of the Hi Power
One session on the Sig P226
Carried the Walther PPQ daily working in the states, shot every week
6 rounds through a Colt Python .357 2"
Various shotguns, most notably my own Beretta Silver Pigeon sporter stainless.

The 2 I would like to be let loose with is the Glock 17 Gen 5 and the Dillon Aero M134.

They're tools, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
From the cadet force, Lee Enfield in 22 and 303. Army small arms of the 1980's, Browning Hi Power pistol, Sterling submachine, FN FAL/ SLR rifle in 7.62 ( inc a walking range with popup targets) and GPMG machine gun.

From uni rifle club, Webley break action target pistol 22, Ruger mkII 22 pistol, Walther PP 22, Beretta 71, Smith & Wesson 22 revolver, Anchutz 22 rifle and BSA martini action 22. Mauser K98 (German bolt action 7.62), SPAS12 and Remington shotguns, a few odd 9 mm pistols ( from friends of friends in odd army units), Taurus 38 sp revolver, Richardson replica black powder revolver. Not exactly a tool any more but surprisingly effective.

From recent trip abroad, guest at gun club, Glock 17 and Beretta 92 9mm pistols. After a 30 year break my shooting was not too shabby.

My own BSS meteor 177 air rifle and a friends
Weihrauch

The funnest was black powder revolver.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Almost forgot. I am trained in the use of the spud gun as well if it gets desperate out there.
Me too. I bagged a brace of huge Maris Pipers the other week. It was quite some stalk too, I can tell you

southcoast

Über Member
I remember wanting one of these back in the 60’s.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Carried regularly and fired:
L85
L86 LSW
Browning 9mm SLP
Sterling SMG
L1A1 SLR
Diemaco C7

Owned: Ruger P94 for about 3 years

Fired: Lots... including G3 rifle, FNC rifle, P226, Glock 19, PPK, Beretta M9, AK74....

I haven't fired one in 6 or 7 years now and don't really mind if I never see another firearm really, they're not something I'm enthusiastic about any longer.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I went clay pigeon shooting once. Some kind of shotgun. I was rubbish at it but it was quite enjoyable.

I have carried a lot more shotgun cartridges than I have fired. As a youth I worked in a hardware shop in a rural area. One of my duties was occasionally loading deliveries of cartridges into the big lockable cupboard. I claimed an extra long tea break after that as they were very heavy.

Edit: and a variety of cap guns.

woodbutcher

Veteran
In another life l used these a lot, l still have them and a Winchester 7000 (no photo) but here are my Styer Mannlicher incl. sound moderator and a custom built action, 300 Win. Mag. Custom loaded ballistic tip ammunition 7mm Rem. Express.
7mm rem express .280mm005.jpg

And the Styer
nokia phone 019.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Used a catapult to great effect as a kid. Easy to make as well.
When I were a kid there was still a lot of ammo leftover from the war. Kids would find it in cupboards, we'd find clips and magazines in ditches, freshly ploughed fields would bring it to the surface. Sometimes fairly big stuff that was likely AA shells, 20 or 25mm.

We'd stick them in a vice and light them off with a hammer. How my generation are still alive is anyone's guess.

Top Bottom