Paint Sprayers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Our decking area is quite large, it used to have fake grass on it which we tore up. Underneath, the decking had been laid and untreated. So I bought some decking treatment and tried to apply it with a brush. It took me an hour to do the first half, and didn't do a very good job as the previous owners had installed the boards upside down, so the brush wasn't getting into the grooves very well. There was also a lot of overspill and some got wasted down the gaps. I then sent my partner to buy a paint sprayer. What a revelation!

We bought the Wagner one from Toolstation (£65). The second half of the decking took me less than 10 minutes. I'm now looking forward to spraying our garden fencing which would take days with a brush but only hours with the spray gun.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sixmile

Veteran
I borrowed a friends INGCO sprayer (£38 on amazon) to do our front boundary fencing and large shed and associated fencing behind it and it was almost enjoyable. Certainly less mess and took about a third of the time that it would've using a paint brush

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes I was pleasantly surprised about the flow rate. I had visions of the stuff being wheezed out like an asthmatic border terrier, but I literally had to go at walking pace to keep up and prevent too heavy a coat. The patio treatment was very watery though, so was easy to do undiluted. I'll have to look into how much to dilute paint, and what with

Top Bottom