Some oik has nicked our bin!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Bin put out on front of driveway late last night, bin men come today and take some rubbish and my Father says: "..wheres our other bin gone? Have they taken our recycling bin too?"

A few seconds and it dawned on him.. why would they take the bin? Of course they wouldnt. Cue my Mother and Father walking 3 hours all around the neighbourhood trying to find it (its painted in a distinctive way with some acrylic paints with our address on).

Prolly some drunken fool thinking he was being funny. It was a full bin too due to the strikes, so I hope they've done a muscle and hurt themself. :angry:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Working for a LA I can confirm that hundreds of bins get nicked each and every week, that number goes into the thousands around Bonfire night time.

It's crazy why someone would nick a bin

Tho the LA I work for now charge £25 to replace them, so I guess the numbers stolen will only increase as people have "More important things to spend £25 on"

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
every couple of months i have to find my wheelie bin... it's usually only 4 or 5 doors away but the thick bugger who empties it can't seem to remember which house it came from, in spite of having the address on it, and the fact that he's stood right outside my house when it gets emptied, so why put it half way down the street?

Allirog

Bin put out on front of driveway late last night, bin men come today and take some rubbish and my Father says: "..wheres our other bin gone? Have they taken our recycling bin too?"

A few seconds and it dawned on him.. why would they take the bin? Of course they wouldnt. Cue my Mother and Father walking 3 hours all around the neighbourhood trying to find it (its painted in a distinctive way with some acrylic paints with our address on).

Prolly some drunken fool thinking he was being funny. It was a full bin too due to the strikes, so I hope they've done a muscle and hurt themself. :angry:
Expect a ransom note to arrive any time now.'Leave £10 in used coins in a Sainsbury's carrier bag outside your local travellers camping site, or the bin will be shot'.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have heard it said that the fumes given off by a burning plastic wheelie bin gives a pleasant "buzz" to a certain type of "yoof" :sad:. In some areas around here, it is a bit of a recreational pastime to steal a wheelie bin, set it alight and have a mass sniffing of the fumes session.
You may well find that is what has become of yours, so all that you might find is a melted blob of plastic somewhere.

ohnovino

Large Member
In Liverpool we have purple wheelie bins. If you ride on the local section of the Trans-Pennine-Trail, you see large purple puddles every 100 yards or so where the local evolution-dodgers have melted them.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Working for a LA I can confirm that hundreds of bins get nicked each and every week, that number goes into the thousands around Bonfire night time.

It's crazy why someone would nick a bin

Tho the LA I work for now charge £25 to replace them, so I guess the numbers stolen will only increase as people have "More important things to spend £25 on"

When the wheelies were delivered we had a letter with them from Southampton City Council stating that they cost £65 and that any loss or theft would mean we'd have to pay the full amount to replace. Its a massive pain in the arse, not really something we can afford to pay. My Mother has phoned the Police to report it and we'll probably have to claim on the insurance.

Our binmen are usually great, too. They leave the bins where they picked them up from.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Our wheelie bin 'disappeared' a while back. I say disappeared, it can't have got very far.. it had left its wheels and left a green puddle out of fright.

sheva

Have any of your neighbours been burgled? Its not unknown for burglars to use wheelie bins to take away their haul. Saves them carrying it in quilt covers and pillowcases.

gbb

Legendary Member
Contact your refuse department Downfader...they do occasionally get tipped into the lorry itself.
It happened to me a few weeks ago, same scenario, looked around for the usual dim gits etc, no sign. My brother drives a bin lorry and he said they occasionally fall in, i contacted the refuse people, suggested thats whats happened, they delivered me a new one FOC within days.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Contact your refuse department Downfader...they do occasionally get tipped into the lorry itself.
It happened to me a few weeks ago, same scenario, looked around for the usual dim gits etc, no sign. My brother drives a bin lorry and he said they occasionally fall in, i contacted the refuse people, suggested thats whats happened, they delivered me a new one FOC within days.

Nah, the old man went down and spoke to the lads on the lorry. They came for the normal rubbish and this was the recycling bin that went.

Top Bottom